Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-30-2022, 11:39 PM   #1

City of Rocks (New Mexico) Site Advice

We are leaving for southern NM next week and plan to spend some time at the City of Rocks State Park. We would really like to camp nestled up among the rocks, but I am advised that it is hard to find such a site that is large and level. Can any of you familiar with this park recommend a site there for our 27 foot Sunseeker (Class C) ?

I know the sites in the electric loop are flat and more spacious, but being in the rocks would be special. I am trying to avoid reserving an unsuitable site, and Google Earth does not show levelness.

In return for help in this matter I am prepared to divulge information as to my two favorite Utah Canyon County camping locations.

While I am on this subject, will the USFS campgrounds in the Silver City area be open through October? Our Northern Utah campgrounds are closed already.
Wandering Winds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2022, 03:51 PM   #2

There is a you tube of this camp ground that shows all of theses sites Just put in "city of rocks" state park.
Hope this helps
Rowdy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2022, 07:21 PM   #3
Always Learning

I've been reading reviews on Campendium to see what will fit me at 39'. So far, #18 and #2 are on my list.