Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-16-2018, 07:39 AM   #1

Denver

We will be attending our niece's wedding in Denver in May and are looking for a nice RV park to stay at and go from there.

We will also be back at the end of June for a conference for a few days.

Any suggestions?

Bob, Diane & Snoopy
2018 3050s Sunseeker
Santabobswife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2018, 09:23 AM   #2

What part of Denver do you need to be in? You might want to check out either Cherry Creek State Park or Chatfield State Park - again, depending on location. Both have full hookup sites. I have personally never stayed at Chatfield, but the set up looks very similar. The sites at Cherry Creek are very well-spaced. $30/night (plus vehicle fees if you don't have a CPW annual pass - which you could get for $70 if you're going to be there enough to justify it). I believe they do get pretty full summer weekends.
2019 Days Camped: 5, but many more planned!
Maman325 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2018, 09:29 AM   #3

Cherry Creek Park is nice. Also fairly close to all areas.

They are quite busy in the summer so make reservations now.

We will be there 3rd week in May visiting our daughter and her family.

Maybe see you there.
Old 04-16-2018, 09:34 AM   #4
Scoundrel

The urban sprawl in the Denver area and traffic congestion is something to be reckoned with. Knowing what part of Denver you'll be visiting will be important in your decision of where to stay.

Safe travels

Wooden Spoon Survivor
HangDiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2018, 10:00 AM   #5
Grammar Pedant

There might be some other RV Parks in Denver that have cable TV hookups, internet, and other amenities. I'm not an RV Park guy, so others will have to help you there.

I'd second (or third?) the recommendations for the Colorado State Parks. Cherry Creek State Park is really close to the zoo. Cherry Creek is sort of SE to Denver city center. Here are photos of each site at Cherry Creek.

Chatfield State Park is on a massive recreational lake, but has fairly barren landscape. It's sort of SSW of Denver city center. Here are photos of each site at Chatfield.

Campgrounds fill up incredibly fast, cost around $30/night, and also require a $7-8 per day state park fee. Both state parks can be reserved via reserveamerica.com and reservations are on a 6 month window. Park entrance fees are paid on arrival.

Good luck.

TV: 2019 F-350 Lariat 4WD CCSB 6.7 PSD 3.55, 3,591 lb payload
Former RV: 2018 Rockwood Mini Lite 2504S
Former RV: 2007 Fleetwood/Coleman Utah
Former TV: 2005 F-150 King Ranch 4WD SCrew 5.4L Tow Package
67L48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2018, 10:16 AM   #6

I'm going up to that area one day. God definitely had something to do with the creation of anything as pretty as the west.
born in Texas.... live in Arkansas
Iwannacamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2018, 11:11 AM   #7

We have stayed at Chatfield SP several times even though we only live 10 miles away. Great place to park the 5th wheel for overflow living space during family reunions and for overnight camping with the grandkids.

On the west side of town are Dakota Ridge RV Park (FHU), Bear Creek Lake Park (W/E and a dump--City of Lakewood Parks & Rec), and the Jefferson County Fairgrounds (FHU). Northwest of the metro area a few miles into the mountains is Golden Gate Canyon SP with 30/50A hookups, but water only at the dump.

Keep in mind that the Denver metro area is about 35 miles N-S and about 25 miles E-W and traffic on I-25 and parts of I-70 and I-225 can be heavy at any time of day. So, as others have suggested, staying near your destination is a very good idea.

Oh, almost forgot--we have had snow a number of Mother's Day weekends and several Memorial Day weekends. Not just in the mountains, but right here in Denver! So, be prepared as spring is not a sure thing until after mid-May. In fact, the Forest Service doesn't open their campgrounds until then.

"Retirement is the best job I ever had!"
2020 Winnebago Navion 24V Sprinter Class C
Sold in 2021: 2016 Rockwood Signature Ultra Lite 8244WS 5th Wheel
Sold in 2014: 2012 Rockwood Mini Lite 2109S
fanrgs is offline   Reply With Quote