Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-27-2020, 01:01 PM   #101

Quote:
Originally Posted by GravelRider View Post
Exactly. It's about respect for your fellow human beings (though there is evidence that shows face masks do protect the wearer as well, just to a lesser degree). I'm healthy in my late 30s. I personally have very little to fear with this virus. However, I always wear a mask to protect those around me. You never know who around you is high risk medically and is terrified just to go out and get their groceries.

And the HIPAA excuse is BS. There is no medical reason not to wear a cloth mask (maybe besides a severe burn to that area of the face), including asthma, COPD, etc. People with these conditions have more of a reason to wear masks than the general population. And for people who "can't tolerate" wearing a mask, suck it up. You're being a drama queen. You can tolerate it, you just choose not to.

And FWIW, I am a physician.
Totally agree. There is a reason that South Dakota has the highest positivity rate in the nation right now.

My mom is 87 and has 3 high risk factors. My brother and his wife who are major mask/covid deniers are in town for a bit and its very difficult for them to wear masks around her which makes zero sense.
babock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2020, 02:11 PM   #102

Quote:
Originally Posted by babock View Post
Totally agree. There is a reason that South Dakota has the highest positivity rate in the nation right now.

My mom is 87 and has 3 high risk factors. My brother and his wife who are major mask/covid deniers are in town for a bit and its very difficult for them to wear masks around her which makes zero sense.

All I have to say is: You may believe and choose to do as you wish ... wear you mask if you think it protects you.....or self imprison yourself in your basement if you feel it's the safe thing to do.
Dakota 1120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2020, 02:16 PM   #103

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dakota 1120 View Post
All I have to say is: You may believe and choose to do as you wish ... wear you mask if you think it protects you.....or self imprison yourself in your basement if you feel it's the safe thing to do.
LOL...and this is why the US with 5% of the world's population has over 20% of the deaths.
Old 09-27-2020, 03:22 PM   #104

This is completely off topic, and has no end in sight. Can we please get back on topic or close the thread.
Thanks to all members who replied to the topic, I truly appreciate it.

It is said the Good Lord does not take away from man's allotted time on Earth the time he spends Camping, Fishing or Hunting. If this be true, I may yet attain immortality!
wtbuck12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2020, 04:31 PM   #105

wtbuck12
Have you decided on any plans yet when you might be making your trip to the badlands?

2018 Cedar Creek 36CK2 (40.5ft)
TST Cap System (Tire Monitoring)
2021 Chevy 3500HD Crew Cab 4X4 DRW Duramax (replaced 2015 Chevy 2500HD Crew Cab 4X4 Duramax)
Curt A25 5th Wheel Hitch (replaced Demco 18K Auto-slide)
LittleBill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2020, 04:45 PM   #106

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleBill View Post
wtbuck12
Have you decided on any plans yet when you might be making your trip to the badlands?

I had my surgery on 9-15, and the doctor said it would be a minimum of 8 to 10 weeks before I could drive, and 6 to 8 months for the sternum to fuse. So depending on how everything goes, I'm thinking probably April or May at the earliest. That's why I was asking about the pros and cons of spring vs waiting until the fall.

It is said the Good Lord does not take away from man's allotted time on Earth the time he spends Camping, Fishing or Hunting. If this be true, I may yet attain immortality!
Old 09-27-2020, 07:52 PM   #107

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanMike View Post
Three pages of posts and nobody mentioned Wall Drug. Yeah, a tourist trap but still fun. My late wife and I used to stop there for breakfast when on the way to her hometown of LaCrosse WI

If you're a Western Style Boot fan they used to have a huge selection at alll price levels.
I was told to skip Wall Drug so we didn't go to it even though we were just a few miles away. So many other things to see.
Old 09-27-2020, 07:54 PM   #108

Quote:
Originally Posted by wtbuck12 View Post
I had my surgery on 9-15, and the doctor said it would be a minimum of 8 to 10 weeks before I could drive, and 6 to 8 months for the sternum to fuse. So depending on how everything goes, I'm thinking probably April or May at the earliest. That's why I was asking about the pros and cons of spring vs waiting until the fall.
We just got back last week. The weather was pretty much perfect although it had snowed a few days before we got there. A week before we got there it was actually in the 90s. I wouldn't hesitate to do it in fall again.
Old 09-27-2020, 08:18 PM   #109

Quote:
Originally Posted by babock View Post
We just got back last week. The weather was pretty much perfect although it had snowed a few days before we got there. A week before we got there it was actually in the 90s. I wouldn't hesitate to do it in fall again.
The group I was going to meet last week are on their way home as we speak, and they said weather could not have been better. I just don't know if I can wait until next September to go!!🤣

Old 09-27-2020, 10:37 PM   #110

Need to plan ahead if you stay in state parks. You can reserve a year in advance. We stayed in a USFS campground right next to custer.
Quote:
Originally Posted by wtbuck12 View Post
The group I was going to meet last week are on their way home as we speak, and they said weather could not have been better. I just don't know if I can wait until next September to go!![emoji1787]
Old 09-28-2020, 07:18 AM   #111

wall drug is a must!

we were just there and left our contribution to the local economy. however, we didn't buy the mounted jackalope heads. maybe next time.