Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-27-2015, 08:46 AM   #1

Fort Collins to Devils Tower

We will be travelling between Fort Collins CO and Devils Tower WY in a few weeks. I'm seeing a couple of route options. (I-25/WY-59; I-25/US-85). also a little concerned about gas availability. Google earth doesn't show too many stations along either way. Any first hand experiences or recommendations would be appreciated.
SimchaSabre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2015, 06:00 PM   #2

Can only say from Fort Collins to route 26 in Wy. We had no problem staying fueled on a trip,a few years ago
campfirefun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2015, 06:24 PM   #3

Did it last year I25 to Douglas 59 to Gillette then I90 to Moorcroft on in to Devils tower. Gassed in Denver, Douglas, topped off in Moorcroft. Never was sweating for fuel but I drive a diesel with a 34 gal tank and 14mpg. Ymmv. There were small towns like Bill and Wright along 59 with fuel but it was a slow go with Halliburton oil trucks. Still was shorter than swinging i25 all the way up. The town of Huelett is just north of DT and has gas there too.
Sc00ter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2015, 06:31 PM   #4

Myscenicdrives.com will allowed me to tailor my range to my routing based on inputted mpg. Gas buddy app Got me the fuel prices and satellite views from any mapping app helped me find accessible gas stations while towing a trailer.
Sc00ter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2015, 12:06 PM   #5
Retired Ford Tech

Smile

Get the GASBUDDY app, they just had an upgrade for the app with great maps and locations.
rvpezzano is offline   Reply With Quote