Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-28-2015, 02:13 PM   #1

Free rv parking chico ca.

Looking for free or inexpensive mh parking in or real close to chico ca. Family member in hospital there... thanks
asparky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2015, 10:28 AM   #2

General tip: Try contacting a church near the hospital - some will allow short stays in their parking lot ... a Social Worker at the hospital may have encountered similar situations before ... finally, if you're a member of Good Sam, go through their website and ask if a local member can accommodate your needs. Best luck to you ...
MiataHoarder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2015, 12:27 PM   #3

thanks for the response, we just checked in the only RV park in town.. $45 a night but didn't have time to look around. I stayed at hospital for 2 days and didn't want my wife by herself in a bad situation. The church idea is one I hadn't thought of.. Thanks
Ron
Old 09-02-2015, 03:31 PM   #4

Another couple of ideas:

If you are a veteran, some of the active American Legion or Veterans of Foreign Wars posts usually have large parking lots at which they'll let folks stay short term. Other fraternal organizations such at the Eagles also have minimal cost RV facilities for members; memberships are less than one night at the RV park where you are.

Best of luck!
MiataHoarder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2015, 11:51 PM   #5

Check the hospital itself. I know we have RV spaces for 2 or 3 RVs, and no charge for full hookups!
RangeMaggotBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2015, 02:39 PM   #6

Thanks for the replies. I stayed the first night at Costco as I needed to rush to hospital, a couple nights at the RV park I mentioned as it was pretty nice and was secure so didn't have to worry about wife being by herself.
hospital didn't have hardly enough parking for the cars.
I do like to dry camp when possible. will use my senior pass whenever possible (love it) its like filling the gas tank for free the next day when we camp for free or almost free!
Thanks again for all the replys, gave me a few ideas for later.
BTW I did see the Elks offered RV parking but had let my membership expire when the lodge locally moved to a very small building. and, you can only reinstate locally at your lodge I was told

Tags
parking