Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-18-2019, 06:22 PM   #1

Heading to California

So the son has a big archery competition at the Easton Archery Center in Chula Vista this weekend. We usually make our way out their every year at least once. But the wife sprung on me two weeks out this time that she wants to take the TT. Well that turned into scrambling to find a place to stay. Would have loved to stay at Admiral's Cove on Coronado Island on base but that seems to need reservations a year out! After a whole lot of looking around found Sweetwater Reservoir....ok ok I didn't actually find it a buddy of mine I work with who's daughter also competes found it and shared the info. Anyways was able to grab one of their last reservations. So this will be the longest trip we have taken the TT with us on. Previously was to Las Vegas for the worlds largest indoor archery tournament the daughter competed in earlier this year. Stayed at Nellis for that one and loved the park.

Little bit nervous as we had a huge wind gust come through last week and ripped the metal roof off of our shed and put it straight into the TT. Put a small hole in the fibergalss and bent the metal on the trim of the slide. Had to heat up the metal and do some good ole hammering to get the slide to be able to go in. Insurance is going to fix the $3500 worth of damage but it's gotta wait until we get back.

Wish us luck! Going to make an eight day trip out of it and take the kids to Sea World and hang out on the beach on base. Oh and I guess I should take the wife out since we will be celebrating our 21st Wedding Anniversary while we are out there.

Hopefully get to do some more travelling now that I am retired from my part time job (Air National Guard).
Old 06-18-2019, 07:46 PM   #2
Site Team

Sweetwater is a great campground that's close to lots of San Diego must-see things.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2019, 01:51 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikendan View Post
Sweetwater is a great campground that's close to lots of San Diego must-see things.
Thanks! Got in late last night and all hooked up. Seems to be a pretty nice CG and we are definitely happy with it.

Tags
california