Old 05-15-2017, 11:19 PM   #1

I-15 Road Trip Recommendations

I'll be leaving on Aug 19th or so (hopefully). We live in N. San Diego County, and need to be in Idaho Falls by end of day Aug 23rd.

Driving all on I-15.

Where do you stay?

What do you do? What do you wish you could do?

P.S. We have driven this route so. many. times. But this is the first time with the trailer, and taking more than 1 to 2 days to do it! I'll be traveling just me and my 3 youngest, ages 13, 11, 9.
2018 Wildwood X-Lite T282QBXL
2005 Ford E-350 XLT
2017 Ford Expedition EL XLT
MarinesWife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2017, 12:15 PM   #2

Two stops we have liked along this route are:

Valley of Fire SP just outside Los Vegas. It's a little off the highway but worth it. We didn't get to explore the park because I was feeling I'll, but we want to go back.

Utah Lake SP just outside Provo. We have stayed here a couple of times and will any time we are traveling through the area. It's a beautiful park with absolutely level paved turnout pads. There is a waterfall that we visited up tgbe canyon.

Also, the kids might like the Golden Spike National Historic site west of Brigham City. They have a great museum about the building of the railway and a ride on a steam train if your timing is right.
coupevillefish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2017, 08:42 AM   #3

We made a similar trip a few years ago, before we had our trailer, and we stopped in American Fork UT. We stayed in a hotel at Thanksgiving Point and took the kids to a cool dinosaur and history museum. It is also very close to Timpanogos Park with very cool caverns.
3boysdad is offline   Reply With Quote