Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-13-2018, 10:55 AM   #1

Idaho Panhandle

Saturday we will travel from Coeur d’ Alene to Missoula. Rather than driving I-90 I was thinking of taking a slower, more scenic route, getting off 90 near Kingston and taking NF 9 to 471 to 200. I’m most curious about NF 9. The little information I can find says it is paved, but I’m hoping for confirmation. I love driving back roads; any locals see any reason I should avoid with my 24 foot RV towing a car? Thanks, Jim
lacamastraveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2018, 02:00 PM   #2

I live in CDA....this road is completely paved. You can also go to google maps (satellite view) and move that little yellow guy over the road to get a view of the roads as well.

There is a nice little place called The Wild Coyote Saloon a few miles after you cross into Montana that I would recommend if you want a place to eat. =)

https://goo.gl/maps/KGxuyBBfDk32

Enjoy the drive much better then driving 90 in my opinion.
m2oore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2018, 09:24 AM   #3

I have driven that road before and it is not too bad. You should definitely consider riding the"route of the Hiawatha". It is my wife and I'm favorite thing we have done in the road. It is drop dead gorgeous.

When you are in Missoula, try and find a place that sells pasties. They are really good. It is like a British empanada.
cpttimerstraint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2018, 10:54 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpttimerstraint View Post
I have driven that road before and it is not too bad. You should definitely consider riding the"route of the Hiawatha". It is my wife and I'm favorite thing we have done in the road. It is drop dead gorgeous.

When you are in Missoula, try and find a place that sells pasties. They are really good. It is like a British empanada.
I appreciate the information about the route and Missoula too. I agree about the Hiawatha trail. We’ve done it a couple of times; we brought our bikes with plans to do it again while in CDA, but spent too much time riding bikes on the lake trail and playing on the lake!

Note to others, Cpttimerstraint is right; one of the best things you can do on the road.
lacamastraveler is offline   Reply With Quote