Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-03-2016, 08:30 AM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynkage View Post
I prefer that route into the park anyways! I normally get my pass in the afternoon and then drive in from Archview the next morning via BLM378. Less traffic!
There are so many dirt trails that lead into Arches from Hwy 191 and further north from Yellowcat that I'm not sure of the actual number. Many of those off 191 merge into Willow Flats, one or two merge into Salt Valley.

Have you ever dispersed camped (boondocked) across 191 off Dubinky Well Road? Opens up some great trails to the Green River and some great narrow switchbacks down to the river.

Spring Canyon Road...Top

Bottom

Living somewhere in ID; previously lived in Moab UT; previous to that, don't ask!
f5moab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2016, 09:37 AM   #22

Have not dry camped out there but we do ride out there primarily. We have ridden from Archview to White Wash a few times and done a whole bunch of trails in between. About a 130 mile day when we do that.

There is a pipeline along Dubinky Well Road now and it has cut off some of the really great dry camping spots.
Lynkage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2016, 02:56 PM   #23

Yea, it is a natural gas flare line. It takes all the natural gas from the wells in the area, and instead of flaring the gas, they are pumping it to a location for distribution.

They were also going to add some more restrictions to some of the dispersed areas; requiring toilets or some type of contraption to collect waste.

And I had heard that where Dubinky turns off of Spring Canyon there was going to be another developed campgound created. Not sure if that has happened, or if even still on the drawing board. I'll probably swing through the BLM office, drink their coffee and see what has changed in the area since last there in Oct.

Living somewhere in ID; previously lived in Moab UT; previous to that, don't ask!
f5moab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2016, 03:03 PM   #24

We'll be @ Devil's Garden c.g. in late June- CAN'T WAIT !