Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-24-2016, 03:19 PM   #1

Looking for a Campground in Pacifica, CA

We will be traveling to Pacifica, CA Sep 9, 10. Trying to find a campground in that area. Does anyone know of any hidden gems that would still have openings?

Thanks!
cfleek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2016, 06:50 AM   #2

We live close to the coast "Half Moon Bay" which is approx. 20 minutes south of Pacifica. Do you want to Dry Camp or do you require hook=ups? The State Park in Half Moon Bay is wonderful, right on the ocean, lots of trails, bathroom and showers and best of all within walk distant from Half Moon Bay (HMB). HMB is a cute town loaded with shops, eats and more.
Susan94066 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2016, 10:13 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susan94066 View Post
We live close to the coast "Half Moon Bay" which is approx. 20 minutes south of Pacifica. Do you want to Dry Camp or do you require hook=ups? The State Park in Half Moon Bay is wonderful, right on the ocean, lots of trails, bathroom and showers and best of all within walk distant from Half Moon Bay (HMB). HMB is a cute town loaded with shops, eats and more.
Thank you for this information. While we prefer hookups, this trip will be a mixture of stops with and without hookups. I have already planned to add a 2nd battery just to make sure we have enough juice! Probably overkill for us but why not.
Old 04-27-2016, 10:28 AM   #4

halfmoonbayrvpark@gmail.com, Half Moon Bay RV Park & Campground has full hook ups, but is a little pricey as are most in the San Francisco Bay area. It is a few miles south of state park but still in walking distance (if you like to walk). Cameron's Irish pub and restaurant is next to it. You can check it out on their web site. I'd advise reservations.
Old 04-27-2016, 10:33 AM   #5

They are booked up that weekend. We found a spot in Santa Cruz as a backup location. No Hookups. Oh well.
Old 04-27-2016, 10:46 AM   #6

San Francisco RV Resort
3.7 · RV Park
700 Palmetto Ave Pacifica
(650) 355-7093
Half Moon Bay RV Park and Campground
3.3 (5) · RV Park
460 Wavecrest Rd
(650) 726-7275
Website
Directions
Pillar Point RV Park
4.4 (25) · RV Park
4000 Cabrillo Hwy N
(650) 712-9277
Website
Directions
Pelican Point RV Park
3.1 (21) · RV Park
1001 Miramontes Point Rd
(650) 726-9100

Here are a few more that are closer than Costanoa , I hope this helps. Costanoa is about 30 drive from Half Moon Bay.

Santa Cruz North / Costanoa KOA
4.2 (16) · Campground
2001 Rossi Rd
(650) 879-7302
Old 04-27-2016, 10:54 AM   #7
Some guy in back...

How close and how hidden?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfleek View Post
We will be traveling to Pacifica, CA Sep 9, 10. Trying to find a campground in that area. Does anyone know of any hidden gems that would still have openings?

Thanks!
I live in the area as well and can offer the following-

Francis Beach in Half Moon Bay is a great spot south of Pacifica. About half the sites are electric only, water is very close and the dump station easy to get to and use. The campground is VERY popular so check Reserve America for your dates.

There is a tiger park called "San Francisco RV resort" in Pacifica. Have not stayed there in years, but it might be OK for a day or two.

Cameron's RV park in Half Moon Bay is just south of the city and seems popular, we have not stayed there. Looks like a tiger park on dirt/gravel.

Pelican Point is a little farther south of Half Moon Bay and is an older, "tighter" RV park that has it's charm. We've stayed several times and enjoy it.

Moving further south, Costanoa KOA is what I would call a "hidden gem". It's a beautiful, costal area on the land side of the Coast Highway. It's halfway between Santa Cruz and Half Moon Bay, so maybe a 45 minute drive to Pacifica. You can get a great massage, have an excellent dinner and stroll back to your rig relaxed and refreshed. We were there for a week-end 3 weeks ago....

On the other side of the hill from Half Moon Bay, Coyote Point park has two sites that offer a very different feeling from anything else. Part of a city park parking lot next to a small marina, it's right on SF Bay. Maybe a 25 minute drive to Pacifica...

The County of San Mateo runs "Memorial Park", in the wooded area near la Honda. There are some RV spots and while I have tent camped there, I don't know what the RV services are like.

I think the only other choices would be north of the GG bridge or East over the San Mateo bridge...and bridge crossing at commute times can be tedious.

Good luck and feel free to ask any questions.
'99 Ford E350 V10
'16 Rockwood 8329SS
ChateauV10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2016, 10:57 AM   #8

Cameron RV changed it's name to Half Moon Bay RV Park.
Old 04-27-2016, 11:28 AM   #9
Some guy in back...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susan94066 View Post
Cameron RV changed it's name to Half Moon Bay RV Park.
Hi Susan,

I wondered if that was the case. Have you ever stayed there?

Cameron had a storage yard right next to "Spanishtown" years ago and I stored one of our rigs there for awhile. Definitely a local entrepreneur type!

Cheers!
'99 Ford E350 V10
'16 Rockwood 8329SS
ChateauV10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2016, 05:34 PM   #10

We stayed at his RV Park twice which is right behind his Tavern.

Tags
mpg