Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-04-2011, 01:55 PM   #1

looking for azmith for Bell Epress Vu Dish in Arizona

Has anyone managed to get their Bell Express Vu dish to work in Arizona? We are planning to winter there and don't know if should bother with the dish or not. I think we only need an azmith for satalite.
jerryacr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 02:06 PM   #2

I think you are outside of the footprint for Bell. I found a good map that shows the footprint for 82 (HD and a few other channels.)
Nimiq 4 @ 82.0 W...

I seem to recall that the footprint for 91 (which has most of the SD channels) is about the same. Shaw Direct has a much broader footprint, which is why many people who are snowbirds use them instead.

"The trouble with quotes on the Internet is that it is nearly impossible to discern if they are genuine." - Abraham Lincoln
ken0042 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 05:20 PM   #3

ken0042... Thanks for the info and the link . Guess I will take the dish and try it. Happy trailering.
jerryacr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 10:45 PM   #4

If you can- you may want to try a bigger dish. You will have a better chance for success.

You may be able to pick one up down there. Keep in mind Bell uses Dish Network's hardware, so a Dish Network dish will work fine with Bell.

"The trouble with quotes on the Internet is that it is nearly impossible to discern if they are genuine." - Abraham Lincoln
Old 10-05-2011, 06:18 AM   #5

The best option is to just switch from Bell to Shaw. Bell has horrrible customer service, while Shaw is simply exceptional.
crocus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 01:32 PM   #6

Well, I guess we will have to disagree there crocus. If this was still 2007 I would say you were right; however Shaw's customer service has been horrible for the last couple of months in terms of being able to even contact them. It also doesn't help that I switched from Shaw over to Telus due to some major customer service issues.

Bell has also recently switched their overseas call centre from India to somewhere in Central America. (The name of the country escapes me; but while we were waiting for receiver re-boots the guy told me about how beautiful his country was.) These new CSRs seem to be focused on making sure you are genuinely happy as opposed to trying to get you off the phone as quick as possible.

It is also worth noting that as of this morning one of Shaw's main satellites is down. Depending on what the issue is, this could be a blip or a major setback.
Update: Satellite malfunction leaves Shaw Direct customers without most HD channels : Hugh Thompson's Digital Home

Old 10-07-2011, 06:25 AM   #7

ken, you are wrong on all counts.
Shaw's customer service remains excellent. I just used it the other day, let them call me back instead of waiting on the phone. They did so within minutes of the time they said they would, and the woman who called me back was terrific, joking around and in absolutely no hurry. She was definitely not "trying to get you off the phone as quick as possible" as you claim.
As for the satellite disruption, it was not "one of Shaw's main satellites", they don't own the satellites.
I find it much more useful to use facts rather than bs to make a point. You should try it.
crocus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 08:09 AM   #8
Wanna Be Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by crocus View Post
ken, you are wrong on all counts.
Shaw's customer service remains excellent. I just used it the other day, let them call me back instead of waiting on the phone. They did so within minutes of the time they said they would, and the woman who called me back was terrific, joking around and in absolutely no hurry. She was definitely not "trying to get you off the phone as quick as possible" as you claim.
As for the satellite disruption, it was not "one of Shaw's main satellites", they don't own the satellites.
I find it much more useful to use facts rather than bs to make a point. You should try it.
Ditto to what Crocus is saying, we have been having some issues with our hdpvr and the CSR spent over an hour on the phone with me Wed evening and is sending out an installer (free of charge I may add) to see if there is an antenna issue and if not giving us a new PVR. I have always been very pleased with S-D support. Granted sometimes there is a fair wait but using the call back is a great option.

John & Deb
2011 F250 Lariat FX4 Crew Cab 6.2
2011 Flagstaff V-Lite 30WRLS
SaskCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 01:14 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by crocus View Post
I find it more useful when people read my posts. I was saying that the Bell CSR reps are better now than in the past. I was not saying that Shaw CSRs try to get you off the phone as quick as possible.

From the sounds of things, you guys out east aren't having the same issues as we are in Calgary with Shaw customer service. On one of my other forums people have been talking of spending hours on hold waiting for service. I have also tried calling Shaw recently to get details on their rate plans, (so that I am able to approach Telus about getting a break on my bill) but have not been able to get through.

As for the issue of who owns the satellite; now you are just talking semantics. They may not own the satellite; but they do use it. If I was a Shaw Direct customer and was missing programming; I would not be concerned about if the satellite is owned or leased. I would be concerned about my missing programming. Or in the case of the OP here; I would want somebody to make sure the service is running at 100% before telling them to sign up. I know something similar happened to Bell years ago; and it took them months to lease another satellite and get it moved into position.

It's really unfortunate that you are unable to carry on a conversation like an adult; this really could have been a great discussion until you decided it would be better to be condescending.