Old 08-14-2018, 11:11 AM   #1

Oregon Campgrounds / Moving

Hello All,

Need some help here. My wife and I are a few days out from accepting an offer with a tech startup in Eugene, Oregon. We are very excited about moving, although it is a really short turnaround. They'll expect me in the office after accepting the position within about 30 days. That means we'll have to close up here, get a tenant in our home, and hit the road.

The pressure of buying "the right" home in that time period is a bit much to take on, so we are planning on living in the camper for a month to two months while we find a home / close / etc.

Does anyone have any recommendations on RV parks in the Eugene, Oregon area? I will be working downtown, so proximity to central Eugene is a plus. Additionally afterwards does anyone have any recommendations for RV storage, if we end up needing it?

Thanks in advance!

2016 Super Crew F150
2017 Cherokee Wolfpup 18TO

josheaton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2018, 12:20 AM   #2
Fulltime family RVer

I haven’t stayed in Eugene, but since you haven’t gotten responses- I’ll point you in the direction of campgroundreviews.com . It’s owned by the same people who run this forum (Social Knowledge) and is a great resource.

Another option is checking out parks on Campendium.com.

Old 08-15-2018, 08:28 AM   #3

Thanks very much, I'll check that out!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ependydad View Post
I havenít stayed in Eugene, but since you havenít gotten responses- Iíll point you in the direction of campgroundreviews.com . Itís owned by the same people who run this forum (Social Knowledge) and is a great resource.

Another option is checking out parks on Campendium.com.

2016 Super Crew F150

Old 09-16-2018, 08:02 AM   #4

Here is a link to the RV parks in/near Eugene:

Eugene, OR Campground Reviews - Best of Eugene Camping - RV Park Reviews

My first choice would be Deerwood and second would be Premier. I've never stayed at either one but a friend has stayed at Premier a few times. It is in Coburg but only a few miles from Eugene and it is right next to I-5 so if you don't like traffic noise, this isn't the place for you.

Deerwood is on the very south side of town at the junction of I-5 and Hwy 58 so there is probably highway noise there too.

Both parks are pricey. You will probably have to call to find out if they have any monthly spots available. Rent is very high here in Oregon and lots of people have purchased RV's and are living in RV parks now.

The other option might be a mobile home park. Some of them allow RV's to occupy vacant spots and the monthly cost might be about the same. Unfortunately, I'm in Salem so I don't know anything about the mobile home parks in Eugene.

Good luck!
Laura
Old 09-16-2018, 02:17 PM   #5

Thanks Cougarfan!

We actually found a spot in Junction City at the Guaranty RV Dealer. Ended up being a really nice place with great amenities. Making an offer on a home today, so hopefully will only be here for a few more weeks!

2016 Super Crew F150

Old 09-16-2018, 02:40 PM   #6

Oh good. I was going to suggest that but it is farther away from Eugene than the other two. It just opened this year and looks very nice. I bought my trailer from them. Good people and they treated me right.

Not sure where you came from but welcome to Oregon!

Laura

Tags
campground, mpg