Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-17-2015, 03:45 PM   #21

I missed this post also.
We are from Milwaukie and also love Beverly Beach, Devil's Lake, Stub Stewart, Detroit Lake and Collier (just south of Crater Lake). Silver Falls is one of our favorites.
We go to the Wine and Seafood Fest every year in Astoria and stay at Ft. Stevens with a bunch of us that work together.
This year we have hit Memaloose, Sand Lake, Ft. Stevens and this coming weekend we are trying a county park - Feyrer County Park outside of Mollalla.
That will be out first county park since we have always gone to state parks.

lickem66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2015, 11:50 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisAndGarren View Post
Somehow I missed this posting before! We live in Tigard, but store our MH in North Plains. We have had our MH for about a year, and have really enjoyed checking out places in Oregon and Washington to camp.
So far there haven't been many I wouldn't go back to - we got a free Thousand Trails membership when we bought the MH last year - and I wasn't that impressed - especially since our state campgrounds are so nice...but they made us a good offer for a renewal, so I will try it again.

We were at Nehalem State park last weekend for the first time, very nice! This year we have also hit Beverly Beach, Stub Stewart, Detroit Lake and Fort Stevens.

Last year Cove Palisades, Detroit Lake, Memaloose, Devil's Lake, Fort Stevens and Stub Stewart state parks, plus Seaside TT, Centralia TT and some private campgrounds in Bend, Central Washington and Bellingham. Plus Yakima Sportsmens park.
wow. when you write it all down, that's a lot! We are mostly weekend opportunistic campers (check what is open and then pick something a few weeks out)
we do have a week booked at Wanapum state park in Vantage, WA the week prior to Labor Day (we are Dave Matthews Band fans) which is how we got into camping anyway - renting a MH to go to the Gorge for concerts. We have also talked about Crater Lake, but not sure if that is going to happen this year.
It would be cool if we could get all together sometime - like those east coasters do all the time it seems!!!

Garren

Our first trip with our new TT was at the Seaside 1000 trails. It was one of the worst campgrounds I have every been to. It was like camping in a field, and the employees were rude.

Last week we stayed at the Whaler's Cove 1000 trails. Much better campground. It is about 5 miles south of Newport. The campground is in a wooded area, so you have a lot more privacy.

And I thought I would throw this out there, if your RV is stored at the storage unit, I am about 1 mile from it as I write this. And my trailer is only a couple hundred yards from your RV. My trailer is parked at a friends house that lives right behind the storage lot. Lol! Small world!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nights camped 2015....23
Tonkatoy77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2015, 11:17 PM   #23

I replied to this thread a ways back. But I want to say that if anyone wants info on camping in Central Oregon/Bend/Mt. Bachelor/Cascade Lakes, feel free to ask questions. My wife and I and our three dogs have been camping here for 15 years and we head out more than most. We have a fairly good idea of places on the grid and off. Be glad to help. We live in Bend.
Solera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2015, 01:32 AM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solera View Post
I replied to this thread a ways back. But I want to say that if anyone wants info on camping in Central Oregon/Bend/Mt. Bachelor/Cascade Lakes, feel free to ask questions. My wife and I and our three dogs have been camping here for 15 years and we head out more than most. We have a fairly good idea of places on the grid and off. Be glad to help. We live in Bend.
Thank you Solera! I will PM you. We love traveling to central Oregon, especially in the cooler non-summer seasons. I would love to get more ideas for where we can go.
mbCik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2015, 07:30 PM   #25
Left Coast

Send a message via Yahoo to bob caldwell
Linn County also has 2 nice county parks that we've stayed at....Waterloo, just east of Lebanon on highway 20 and one east of Sweethome, at the east end of Foster Lake.
bob caldwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2015, 09:02 PM   #26

Bob Caldwell, I have reservations with extended family at Waterloo in August. I haven't been there before, but I have heard good things about it.
wendylys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2015, 09:16 PM   #27

I am in Jackson County and have seen a couple of nice camp grounds in the Rogue River National Forest.

Once lived in Glenwood and Eugene before moving to Idaho.
Old 06-26-2015, 09:22 PM   #28
Director, FROG

I'd be happy to work with someone to set up more activities in the Pacific Northwest -- northern CA, OR, WA, ID, BC area. Bob & Sue Cowen have been doing a great job hosting events in Oregon in the late summer / early fall and seem willing to continue, so I don't want to compete with those and be drawing from the same base, but would be happy to help with publicizing, helping with a meal, or whatever for an event at another time of the year.

There's a stick note at the top of the "FROG Events" section of the forum if you want more information, or just call or drop me a note. E-mail is preferable to PMs.

Bob Byrne
Director, Forest River Owners' Group (FROG)
frog@forestriverinc.com
www.forestriverfrog.com
F.R.O.G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2015, 09:23 PM   #29
Left Coast

Quote:
Originally Posted by wendylys View Post
Bob Caldwell, I have reservations with extended family at Waterloo in August. I haven't been there before, but I have heard good things about it.
Sign for park is on right, park is on left off of highway just after you pass thru Waterloo..... park entrance is on right, just as the road turns left....road into park a little narrow....you'll see. Was really clean and neat......Sweethome A /W has pretty good food.
Old 07-15-2015, 12:55 AM   #30

Salem Or. here we enjoy camping all over the PNW. Mostly state parks here on the west side and Forest Service parks over the hump.
tddavids05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2015, 11:45 AM   #31

Well we will be joining some of you soon and plan for next year. In a few months I am moving my family up north to be closer to my wife's grandsons. We will be just outside the Portland area.

Sent from my miniature all thumbs computer (iPhone5s) using Forest River Forums
Days camped in 2015-18, 0 Days so far
Days camped in 2019, (8)
This Space for Rent
Night Stone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2015, 11:58 AM   #32

Good idea

This FROG group is a good idea for Oregon RVers. Glad to see.
Toad: 2014 Honda CR-V AWD
GO DUCKS !!
Jim & Diana (and 3 cats)
JimOneil43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2015, 06:25 PM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Night Stone View Post
Well we will be joining some of you soon and plan for next year. In a few months I am moving my family up north to be closer to my wife's grandsons. We will be just outside the Portland area.

Which direction just outside? I am 20 miles to the west.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nights camped 2015....23
Tonkatoy77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2015, 06:52 PM   #34

Oregon FROGS

We will be staying temporarily in Forest Grove. Not sure how many miles out west tho.

Days camped in 2015-18, 0 Days so far
Days camped in 2019, (8)
This Space for Rent
Night Stone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2015, 08:34 PM   #35

We live in Powell Butte, halfway between Redmond and Prineville. My wife and I prefer NF, BLM, or state park campgrounds mainly. Like some others, we are trying Thousand Trails as we got the free membership with our new trailer.
Cider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2015, 12:46 AM   #36
smc

I live S of Corvallis. We like the USFS and state parks. Trout Creek, Mona, Tillicum and Paradise are a few of my favorites. Silver Falls is a favorite state park, though there are many others that are as nice. We got a Thousand Trails membership with our new Wildcat Maxx in July so will be checking them out. We are going to Leavenworth, WA next month and will be staying at a TT park on that trip.

Waterloo Linn County park was our "shake down" trip with the new fifth wheel. It is a nice park. Very clean, with nice sized sites. That was a good trip, nice park, close to home, and the fifth wheel didn't have any major issues.
smc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2015, 11:56 AM   #37
Left Coast

Sorry to have missed Cannon Beach rally, but before we knew of it we'd made plans to attend the Nashville rally.....map quest 2360 miles away, trip ended up just short of 7000! PM'd a Frog from North Carolina who attended the rally here who, despite the weather, had a good time. We also met some really nice folks and would go back again in a heart beat. If any one takes a trip during the summer back to the mid-west, east coast, be pre-paired for the humidity....if your unit doesn't have two a/c units, consider adding a second...take a box fan to either use inside or outside...mov'n the air really helped....adding a temporary reflective material to windows, big plus...trapped mine between window and shades.....add'n the computer fans to reefer, if you like ice, is almost a must do.....sun-shade for awning...big plus. East coasters have been there, done that. Like I mentioned, great, friendly folks. Ever state, 16 for us, had road construction to some degree, St. Louis the worst. If you have a GPS, use it! If you can, have a decal made to ID that your a forum member, as a lot of campers out here mostly keep to them selves, will hardly say hi. One other thing, if you can afford to upgrade tires on camper, do it....mine are, so had no problems at all. Best of all, fuel, be it gas or diesel....CHEAP. I used Pilot truck stops.

Tags
frog