Old 11-20-2017, 03:49 PM   #1
Empty Nesters

Overnight stop between Gilroy, CA and Crescent City, CA

We are taking a trip around Easter from the Central Coast of California (home) to Oregon along the 101. I found a place to stay in Redwood Valley but it looks like it got burnt up in the fires last summer. If anyone has a good recommendation I would appreciate it.

Thanks.
Old 11-20-2017, 03:57 PM   #2
Fulltime family RVer

Through there, I stayed at:
- Russian River Thousand Trails park in Cloverdale
- Ancient Redwoods RV in Meyers Flat
- Klamath River RV in Klamath

I'd go back to any of them.
Old 11-24-2017, 01:57 PM   #3

FWIW, you may want to drive a little further into Oregon and look at the Alfred A. Loeb state park, in Brookings. Nice facility across from the Brookings harbor, off of HWY 101. Distance is 47 miles from Klamath, Ca and it is a much nicer place to stay. Don't know where you are heading in Oregon and if you are planning on driving from Gilroy to Klamath in one day, or not. You may just want to drive east on 152 to and hit I5 north to Grants Pass, Or. At Grants Pass take the exit Hwy 199 to Crescent City and then south to Klamath or north to Brookings. Don't know what rig you have but Loeb state park does have a max site length of 50'. Hope this gives you another option.
Ready Brute Elite / Blue Ox BP
High Desert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2017, 02:17 PM   #4
Empty Nesters

Thanks for the suggestion. We were planning on staying in Crescent City...but Brookings is doable. We are headed to Albany, OR to my sons house from Santa Maria, CA and we are in no hurry. We want to keep it to under 300 miles a day (closer to 200) and when I decided to take 101 up the coast we added a couple of days to take in as many lighthouses as we can.

Plan so far is:
Day 1) Home to Gilroy, CA
Day 2) to somewhere in the Redwood valley that isn't burnt up. Maybe take a jog over to Clear Lake near Nice, CA
Day 3) to Crescent City... maybe Brookings
Day 4) Coos Bay, OR area
Day 5) to Albany, OR by way of Newport

Spent Easter with son and grandkids and then figure trip back on I-5 if no snow. Still keeping it around 200 miles a day.