Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-21-2021, 04:12 PM   #1

Panguitch, Utah to Fruita, CO May 2022

May 2022, will be making my way from So. Nevada, routing through Utah and Colorado (then WY to SD). Looking for a place to overnight in the Salina, UT area. Two campgrounds have terrible reviews (!) so thought I'd ask here and see if anyone has a suggestion before I book a place that I'll not be comfortable staying at. There is a Loves in that area...do they allow overnight parking for an RV? That's not what I want, but looking at all options. Appreciate any feedback. Thanks.
OldGal3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2021, 04:46 PM   #2

There is a nice KOA in Richfield, UT, about 20 minutes South of Salina.

Happy Travels!

2021 Surveyor 203rkle
2018 Chevy Silverado
Fastway e2 Hitch
wyodrums is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2021, 05:24 PM   #3

Thanks - I was hoping to get a bit farther down the road, but may have to make it a really, really short day Appreciate the suggestion.
Old 01-13-2022, 08:41 AM   #4

Goblin Valley SP is 130 miles from Salina if you can go a little farther. Green River SP is even closer.
PeteBrayton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2022, 03:56 PM   #5

If you are so inclined, there is lots of boondocking potential outthat way also.
richp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2022, 09:53 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeteBrayton View Post
Goblin Valley SP is 130 miles from Salina if you can go a little farther. Green River SP is even closer.
Thanks for this info - I might revamp my stops. The Green River State Park is already booked for the night I need, at least for spots my rig will fit in. Sure looks nice!
Old 01-14-2022, 10:02 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by richp View Post
If you are so inclined, there is lots of boondocking potential outthat way also.
Pretty much want my power/water but thanks for the info. Will stay a week in Fruita at Monument RV to visit and see the sights. Then up to Jensen for another few days to see bones and museums...then will be back in familiar territory in WY and SD. Getting anxious to be on the road again.
Old 01-14-2022, 11:44 PM   #8

Goblin Valley

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldGal3 View Post
Pretty much want my power/water but thanks for the info. Will stay a week in Fruita at Monument RV to visit and see the sights. Then up to Jensen for another few days to see bones and museums...then will be back in familiar territory in WY and SD. Getting anxious to be on the road again.

I loved Goblin Valley State Park, but there are no power and water hookups there.
If that's even what you're referring to. If not, please disregard my comment.
Virginian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2022, 02:28 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Virginian View Post
I loved Goblin Valley State Park, but there are no power and water hookups there.
If that's even what you're referring to. If not, please disregard my comment.
Doesn't matter, I think all info/discussion is good for these routes and locations. Anyone who does a search might find the thread and use the information. Last time I was in Utah was 1974/75....camped near Heber City. Thanks for the info on Goblin.

Tags
utah