Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-24-2014, 03:06 PM   #1

RV Camp/Resort in South Lake Tahoe Advice Needed

I'm heading to visit South Lake Tahoe (Stateline's Harrah's area, etc.) in my Georgetown 351DS (36') and been looking into RV resort/camping in late August. It seems like there are mostly camping grounds, and not so much "resort" style places.

I've narrowed it down to three and my top one, the Zephyr Cove RV Park & Campground was my first choice but they don't have any available sites for that weekend.

So I'm down to two now....both have its pros and cons, but both seem to be old and dirty. But its the two best choice compared to the others (Richardson, KOA, Fallen Leave, etc.)

1) Tahoe Valley RV Resort
2) Campground by the Lake

Anyone have any other recommendations in the area that I might be missing?

Another idea was to stay in Carson Valley RV Resort or Silver City RV Resort and drive the 30 minutes to Lake Tahoe for the the two days I'm there. But just not sure worth the drive.

Any help is appreciated.
Thanks,
Sith
sithc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 07:02 PM   #2

Campground by the Lake is convenient and close to the lake. Reservations for your time frame may be difficult or impossible to get. They have very few hookup sites, and they are usually all filled up. They have a few electric and water. I think their online map designates them. The highway runs right in front of the resort, and can get noisy and smelly if you are on the front rows, it is a VERY busy road.

I was at Tahoe Valley RV Resort last year, and it is my choice. It is Coast to Coast, so you can save a few bucks if you belong, and I think M-Thurs. CTC does not include premium sites, however. The premium sites are obviously the nicest. Lots of kids in the summer, sites are ok.

I recommend staying in Tahoe if you can, it can get very hot in Reno in August. Enjoy!

Happy Trails, Forrest
2011 Georgetown 378TS
2011 Ford Escape V-6 4X4
fbconsults is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2014, 12:13 AM   #3

Thanks fbconsults. I already went ahead and booked Tahoe Valley RV Resort before you even posted. I got the premium sites. I usually go for the top tier sites at any campground or rv resort. Always worth it for the extra $10-$20. Hope I get a 50amp site though.
sithc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2014, 12:23 AM   #4

Enjoy your stay. I can't remember if I had a 50 amp site or not. The only time I really have to have 50 amps is when I need the ac.
Should not need it in Tahoe.

Happy Trails, Forrest
2011 Georgetown 378TS
2011 Ford Escape V-6 4X4
fbconsults is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2014, 09:43 PM   #5

Camp Richardson is the best one in South Lake Tahoe. Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByForest River Forums1406515403.562258.jpg
Views:	141
Size:	500.0 KB
ID:	59124

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums
Jnaom is offline   Reply With Quote