Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-01-2019, 07:01 PM   #1

RV Parks bear Burbank CA

I have a friend from work that will be traveling to Burbank and pulling his TT. Are there any recommendations for reasonable campgrounds for him?
Old 07-01-2019, 10:14 PM   #2

There is a couple near Castaic; one is by Magic Mountain. I think there is some kind of derelict RV park near the airport in Van Nuys, but it's pretty sleazy looking. Nowhere else in the valley that I can think of...
RangeMaggotBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2019, 12:00 AM   #3

Copy that. I found another thread that recommended the website campground reviews.com and forwarded it to him. It’s always good to get first hand experiences though.
Old 07-02-2019, 12:23 AM   #4

Closest one I can think of is this one

Malibu Creek SP

30 foot limit.

Reason it was closed and reopening is that a person was shot and killed in the park over a year ago. I ride my mountain bike there all the time. Nice park but going to be hot.
babock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2019, 12:39 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by babock View Post
Closest one I can think of is this one

Malibu Creek SP

30 foot limit.

Reason it was closed and reopening is that a person was shot and killed in the park over a year ago. I ride my mountain bike there all the time. Nice park but going to be hot.

Thanks I will pass it on. Most people might be worried about the reason it was closed but heck we are Firefighters/Paramedics in Tucson we’re not afraid of a little gunfire🤣
Old 07-02-2019, 12:48 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by guardyan_angyl View Post
Thanks I will pass it on. Most people might be worried about the reason it was closed but heck we are Firefighters/Paramedics in Tucson we’re not afraid of a little gunfire��
I was never worried about it. I was back MTB riding there not long after.

They caught the guy that supposedly did it. Was a transient living in the hills above the park.

If you live in Tucson, you won't be afraid of the heat either!
Old 07-02-2019, 02:39 AM   #7
Multi-Slacker

There is a large, efficient KOA in Pomona right next to the L.A. Fairgrounds.
Old 07-02-2019, 04:12 AM   #8
Site Team

Valencia RV Village is well liked and probably the best in the area. Near Magic Mountain.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2019, 12:38 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikendan View Post
Valencia RV Village is well liked and probably the best in the area. Near Magic Mountain.
x2 - we have stayed there many times, and IMHO it is really the only good option... and when you travel in and out of the city late afternoons you are are generally heading against traffic.
Valencia Travel Village | Valencia Travel Village Is An RV Resort
2018 Vanleigh Vilano 375FL
www.Wind-seeker.com/vilano
jbrosecity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2019, 01:22 PM   #10

Malibu is not very close to Burbank and over by the ocean which has only a few passes and the 405 freeway to get over to Burbank if that is your intention. I would opt for something in the San Fernando Valley or one of the adjacent valleys. Using my park advisor app (I live 20 minutes away from Burbank), there is one called Balboa RV park, out of 119 reviews it has a 3.9 rating but marked as expensive. There is Tapo Canyon park in Simi valley and Oak park just outside Simi valley. Closer to Burbank there is the San Gabriel mountains with a lot of campgrounds if you are Ok dry camping. Up the 5 freeway North of Burbank is Castaic which was already mentioned.
bigC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2019, 02:41 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigC View Post
Malibu is not very close to Burbank and over by the ocean which has only a few passes and the 405 freeway to get over to Burbank if that is your intention. I would opt for something in the San Fernando Valley or one of the adjacent valleys. Using my park advisor app (I live 20 minutes away from Burbank), there is one called Balboa RV park, out of 119 reviews it has a 3.9 rating but marked as expensive. There is Tapo Canyon park in Simi valley and Oak park just outside Simi valley. Closer to Burbank there is the San Gabriel mountains with a lot of campgrounds if you are Ok dry camping. Up the 5 freeway North of Burbank is Castaic which was already mentioned.
Malibu Creek state park is very close to the 101. Within a couple minutes of it.
Old 07-02-2019, 08:49 PM   #12

Valencia Travel Village is a good option, but would mean travelling in against rush hour traffic from the north into downtown in the morning. East Shore RV Park is another, just outside Pomona and near the LA County Fairgrounds. We have stayed many times at both with memorable experiences and no troubles. There are several excellent restaurants in the small towns near Valencia TV, and one of them offers the best "Fried Green Tomatoes" I have ever tasted outside of Memphis, TN. Same place has the best roasted beet salad salad with goat cheese on the side.

Sorry. I'm old and forgetful, but the place in question is some kind of "...Refinery"
Jakieboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2019, 11:24 PM   #13
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakie-Boy View Post
Valencia Travel Village is a good option, but would mean travelling in against rush hour traffic from the north into downtown in the morning. East Shore RV Park is another, just outside Pomona and near the LA County Fairgrounds. We have stayed many times at both with memorable experiences and no troubles. There are several excellent restaurants in the small towns near Valencia TV, and one of them offers the best "Fried Green Tomatoes" I have ever tasted outside of Memphis, TN. Same place has the best roasted beet salad salad with goat cheese on the side.

Sorry. I'm old and forgetful, but the place in question is some kind of "...Refinery"
Having lived right next to East Shore(and have stayed there numerous times)and also lived in Ventura County and driven by Valencia RV park tons of times. Also worked in the San Fernando Valley.
I'd much rather drive from Valencia to Burbank, than Pomona to Burbank.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2019, 11:33 PM   #14

Depends on if you want to be in an RV park or a campground. The commute from Malibu Creek state park or Valencia will be similar depending on what part of Burbank.

BTW I live between 15 and 20 minutes from all these places and my old work was right next to MSP. Great hiking in MSP. I avoid RV parks whenever I have a choice.