Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-04-2013, 11:56 PM   #1

Salt lake city KOA

Has anyone stayed here? What did ya think of it? Planning on stopping for a few days in July. Have been reading mAny mixed reviews about it tho....
Thanks!!
Aunti-Mgeorge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 08:59 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aunti-Mgeorge View Post
Has anyone stayed here? What did ya think of it? Planning on stopping for a few days in July. Have been reading mAny mixed reviews about it tho....
Thanks!!

We stopped there last year going north to Grand Tetons and Yellowstone.
It was a nice KOA with everything you need. Lots of space and wide enough for a triple slide motorhome. A bit expensive at around $43 bucks a night for non-members. Expect to be hot and dry for summer.
Salt Lake City is really a great place to visit for a few days.
Busy metro with traffic and congestion as well as road work on the main highways.

I see you have a Georgetown also. I will be heading to CA in April to Paso Robles then north to highway 1 to Oregon. I read you are planning the same trip.

Have a great time.
Iggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 11:31 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iggy View Post

We stopped there last year going north to Grand Tetons and Yellowstone.
It was a nice KOA with everything you need. Lots of space and wide enough for a triple slide motorhome. A bit expensive at around $43 bucks a night for non-members. Expect to be hot and dry for summer.
Salt Lake City is really a great place to visit for a few days.
Busy metro with traffic and congestion as well as road work on the main highways.

I see you have a Georgetown also. I will be heading to CA in April to Paso Robles then north to highway 1 to Oregon. I read you are planning the same trip.

Have a great time.

Thanks Iggy!
Last summer we went to Disneyland, then north to Solvang. From there we drove the coast picking up highway 1 from pismo beach , slept over in san Simeon and then on to Monterey .
Planning a trip to San Simeon again to see Hearst castle. I will cut over to the coast by Paso. Then on return trip thinking about a stop in san juan Bautista .
Your trip sounds wonderful!! How long are you giving yourself to make this trip?
-Aunti M
Aunti-Mgeorge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 11:45 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aunti-Mgeorge View Post
Thanks Iggy!
Last summer we went to Disneyland, then north to Solvang. From there we drove the coast picking up highway 1 from pismo beach , slept over in san Simeon and then on to Monterey .
Planning a trip to San Simeon again to see Hearst castle. I will cut over to the coast by Paso. Then on return trip thinking about a stop in san juan Bautista .
Your trip sounds wonderful!! How long are you giving yourself to make this trip?
-Aunti M
I'm retired so we don't plan that much ahead. We travel between 250 -350 mile days and slow down and smell the roses. I suspect 2 to 3 weeks.
Our last trip to Florida Keys in January from Arizona lasted 30 days.

We are heading to Mexico for 2 weeks on the beach next Sunday (Puerto Penasco also called Rocky Point) then Paso Robles in April then FROG rally in Ontario Canada and Niagra Falls in late June.
Yes a busy RV year planned.

I already have 16,000 miles on my 2012 Georgetown
Iggy is offline   Reply With Quote