Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-25-2019, 06:46 AM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginar695 View Post
Hi,
We're planning our first long RV trip since we've received our new FR Wolf Pack 325 Pack 13. We're planning on camping in Zion for 2 days then heading to Yellowstone for 4 days, then going to Grand Tetons for another 4 days, heading back to Zion for 2 days then heading home to Southern California. My question is a lot of RV campgrounds in Yellowstone are first come first serve which don't take advance reservations. I'm a little leary because I want to make sure we get a site. Our RV is 40 feet long and I'd really like a site with full hookups since we'll be camping for a while. Has anyone had any problems getting a first come first serve spot? We really don't want to be driving around all days trying to find an available spot somewhere.

Thank you!
You can make reservations at Yellowstone Grizzly RV park in Montana close to West Yellowstone. They have full hookups and is close to the park. I was there last August and made a reservation for this August 2019. It a nice park but not cheep.
Lyle Burton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2019, 09:36 AM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyle Burton View Post
You can make reservations at Yellowstone Grizzly RV park in Montana close to West Yellowstone. They have full hookups and is close to the park. I was there last August and made a reservation for this August 2019. It a nice park but not cheep.
Thank you. After doing some more research, I think we're going to end up dry camping
Ginar695 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2019, 09:48 AM   #23

Quote:
Thank you. After doing some more research, I think we're going to end up dry camping

Where? in the Park?
Old 01-25-2019, 09:51 AM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mountndream View Post
Where? in the Park?
I downloaded Campendium and found a lot of spots near the parks.
Ginar695 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2019, 11:44 AM   #25

I recommend you get a yearly national park pass since you will be visiting so many parks. If you enter Yellowstone NP from the south the there is a KOA in Jackson Wy and a few other campgrounds in the area.

Also, having visited Grand Teton NP and Yellowstone NP last year, I find it interesting if you enter the Grand Teton NP and then Yellowstone NP from the south they charge you twice for each park, however if you enter Yelowstone NP from any other entrance and then go to Grand Teton NP from Yellowstone, you dont have to pay to get into Grand Teton NP.
Old 01-25-2019, 12:05 PM   #26

Quote:
Don't give up on camping in reserved spots.

While Fishing Bridge is closed this year, we went there a couple of years ago.

The campsites were all reserved when we left home, but I checked online every night we were on the road. A couple of days before we got there a four day reservation opened up and we grabbed the reservation. The people camped next to us had called every day and found a two day reservation.

People book as soon as reservations open and frequently their plans change and they cancel during the window where they don't have to pay.

Also... visit the individual National Park website and download their visitor guides. They list the campsites and the rig length permitted as well as helpful tips.

We've had to change reservations at KOA when medical problems delayed our travel and as long as we just changed dates, they didn't charge a penalty.
Old 01-25-2019, 12:18 PM   #27
Recently new!

Send a message via AIM to Paulie1138
If you can swing it either there or back, X2 on Fossil Valley, Vernal Utah. Lots of museums, kid-friendly as well. Did not feel like it was a tourist trap, but Dino-kitsch abounds....LOL. We stayed there last summer for 10 days. Had a great time, locals are very friendly. Camp host was a wealth of information. Directed us to some local restaurants, reasonable and great food. Also to some petroglyphs and arches that are off the beaten path, so not trashed. At the Dinosaur NP, there are Dino-bones in the side of the wall they have excavated. Kids can touch in one spot. We had a fantastic stay. Lots of day drives from Vernal.
Loving wife, R.I.P., 6/6/19
and Mason the always dirty dog! R.I.P, 2/19
Paulie1138 is offline   Reply With Quote