Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-07-2018, 03:46 PM   #21
Denver To Yuma In 90 Days

Kaiser is also all over Colorado...
JohnD10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2018, 04:01 PM   #22

Yes, we are aware of the Kaiser facilities in those states, but somehow the plan that our employer uses won't work outside of the Socal Kaisers. We have had two meetings with our benefits person and keep getting told No Go., not really sure why. If we could that would make it real easy as we love both Washington and Colorado, we have family in both states.
Lundy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2018, 05:28 PM   #23
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lundy View Post
Yes, we are aware of the Kaiser facilities in those states, but somehow the plan that our employer uses won't work outside of the Socal Kaisers. We have had two meetings with our benefits person and keep getting told No Go., not really sure why. If we could that would make it real easy as we love both Washington and Colorado, we have family in both states.
That's crazy because I had Kaiser North and South.
I'm a retired state firefighter so my health plan is through Calpers.
We had no problem switching from Anthem to Kaiser.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2018, 10:21 AM   #24
Empty Nesters

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lundy View Post
our employer will pay our medical coverage until we turn 65 as long as we stay in the Kaiser areas.
That is a HUGE benefit! I've come to the conclusion that I can't retire until Medicare kicks in at 65 because of my wife's medical conditions. 2 years and 3 months to go!
Old 08-10-2018, 08:31 PM   #25
Grammar Pedant

Quote:
Originally Posted by HangDiver View Post
Well, this is the view from my front deck. We kinda think its pretty.
It actually sort of lines up with what I was saying. Your view, the west, is really pretty. That doesn't make Salida pretty ... it makes the view from Salida pretty. And, like I said, when you go west of Salida, it gets real pretty.

I also have amazing views from my deck of Long's peak and the front range. It really is breathtaking on some days. It doesn't make my subdivision pretty, though. For the 3 mile radius of where I live, it's flat, dry, and brown in the summer. But, my view of the mountains is spectacular.

Salida has nice river front, but is otherwise flat, dry, brown, and has shrubby trees. I'm glad you like it. I have certainly been in worse places. But, for people looking for a vacation property, I'd recommend looking elsewhere ... in fact, I'd tell them to look exactly where your deck views are pointing ... which is what I had originally said.

TV: 2019 F-350 Lariat 4WD CCSB 6.7 PSD 3.55, 3,591 lb payload
Former RV: 2018 Rockwood Mini Lite 2504S
Former RV: 2007 Fleetwood/Coleman Utah
Former TV: 2005 F-150 King Ranch 4WD SCrew 5.4L Tow Package
67L48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2018, 09:19 PM   #26

Cost of housing in Salt Lake is a little high. However, the view from the whole town is wonderful.

All kinds of outdoor stuff and from a parks perspective, the area south of there is hard to beat.

Actually the snow thing is sort of minimal. Lots in the mountains, not much in Salt Lake. Tends to melt quickly.

I lived in SE Idaho in the 70’s. I like Utah a lot better.

We are in Dayton now. Cheap cost of living. Nice weather for 9 months of the year.

There is something good about everywhere. No place is as good as where you’ve been or where you are going.
tomkatb is offline   Reply With Quote