Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-11-2010, 04:34 PM   #1

This Years Trips

So what is this years trip:

Mine is one of National Parks.
Lake Powel NP, Bryce Canyon NP, Zion Canyon NP, Death Valley NP, Yosemite NP, Sequoia NP, Red wood NP, Crater Lake NP, Olympic NP, Mount Rainer NP, Glacier NP, Theodore Roosevelt NP. This will be 6 weeks and around 5500 miles. There are other stops along the way, will start around the end of May.

What are your trips for the year.

Life is something to do when you've finished breakfast
Chuck & Margie
Both Retired
08 2500HD Silverado 6.6L Duramax
Flagstaff 829fkss
Round Mound of Sound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2010, 05:01 PM   #2

I'm jealous
flyrotor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2010, 05:06 PM   #3

Sounds like a real nice trip. As yet we don't know where we will end up this summer.

tmmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2010, 06:22 PM   #4

Wow, looks like a great trip. How fun. We have been to several of them. If you need recommendations where to stay when you get up to the northwest drop me a line. Mt. Rainier is right in our back yard and one of our favorite and most scenic mountain passes is right up the road from us.

We are planning 10 days to the eastern side of the state in May to Lake Roosevelt (created by Grand Coulee Dam) for some good bass fishin' with friends. Jeepn' in Kelowna BC in September with friends and numerous weekends close to home for more Jeepn' and fishin'

Perhaps we will have a chance to put names to faces when you get up this way.

Have a great trip.
Nights camped in 2009: 53 | Nights camped in 2010: 55
www.nwjeepn.com
NWJeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 09:45 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Round Mound of Sound View Post
So what is this years trip:

Mine is one of National Parks.
Lake Powel NP, Bryce Canyon NP, Zion Canyon NP, Death Valley NP, Yosemite NP, Sequoia NP, Red wood NP, Crater Lake NP, Olympic NP, Mount Rainer NP, Glacier NP, Theodore Roosevelt NP. This will be 6 weeks and around 5500 miles. There are other stops along the way, will start around the end of May.

What are your trips for the year.
I'm hit'n Zion this weekend. We've been there countless times, but never get tired of it.

This year? Who knows? We're going to Chicago, IL and Midway UT for sure, we are weekenders so... wherever we can go in 3 or 4 days is pretty much it.

Brian
Prepilot_3ck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 12:34 PM   #6

Daughter has a tourney in Colorado. We are taking the rig from So Cal through Vegas, Utah, and the Rockies. While in Colorado, we will be at Cherry Creek State Park. After tourney, will come home via New Mexico and gonna stop at Grand Canyon Railway RV Park. Take two days to check all the ol' Grand Canyon. Total miles should be around 2500 and will be away from home for about 16 days. Can not wait !!

2006 Avalanche 1500 w/6" lift
2007 Suburban 2500 4x4 w/4" lift
2008 Salem 26TBSS
P3 Controller
4 lil' ones & a Hottie for a wife
TravelSoftballDad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 01:25 PM   #7

Chuck, That sounds like an incredible trip. I'm way too far away from retirement to even dream about it.

Our big trip this year will be a 17day trip on both sides of July 4th out to the Colorado Rockies and Black Hills in South Dakota. Mountains are heaven for this flatlander.

After a single night in Loveland, CO at Riverview Campground at the edge of the front range we'll be spending 6 days in Rocky Mountain National Park at the Moraine Park NPS campground. After that we'll meet up with my brother for 3 days in his 5th Wheel in Red Feather Lakes, CO at Bellaire Lake NFS campground. Then we'll move to the Black Hills which we go to every year. 2 Days at the Rafter J in Hill City, SD to meet up with a coworker, then 4 more at Sheridan Lake NFS campground just north of there. Hoping to get a lot of fly fishing in.

Otherwise my summer is full and already planned. My wife works 9's so she has every other Friday off. I take these days off as well so over half of our summer is 3day weekends including holidays. We go camping exclusively to State Parks every one of those weekends from Mid-April to Mid-October as well as a few of the 2-day weekends. I can barely keep up with the yard and house chores in the summer.
2009 Ford Edge AWD Ltd towed
2011 Honda Fit Sport towed
ronhanson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 04:10 PM   #8

This years trip !

We will leave south Texas the end of May and drop a car off in Ft Walton Beach Florida,then travel to Elkhart,IN to pick up our new Rockwood 8285ws. After a few days in the area to check the unit out, we head for a week in MI,then on to Raleigh NC to visit the grandkids...on to Valdosta GA to see friends.....then to Colorado Springs CO .....then to Corvallis OR to see more grandkids....then a return to south Texas by late September,early October. Trip plannned at over 8900 miles, without side trips to all the golf courses and quilt shops we can manage..........pray for cheap diesel!
Sagebrush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 07:26 PM   #9

Sunday we leave for Elkhart, IN - Monday we pick up our 2011 Rockwood Mini Lite 1809S from RV-Direct. From there to Marion & Indianapolis IN to visit family. Then to Naperville, IL to see more family including our first great grandchild - spending two weeks, thru the week we park in our kids driveway but spend the weekend at Blackwell Forrest Preserve (it is only open on weekends for camping). Then home until the last of June. Our next trip is to AR again to visit family & friends, this will take at least two weeks. In Sept we will go to Newark, OH to see our second great grandchild, again a two or three week trip. Do you see a pattern here, family is our first priority?
Emptypockets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 09:27 PM   #10
2011 Berkshire 390bh

We're looking at three trips this summer. The first is off to Branson at the end of June. In July we are looking at New England and maybe up into Nova Scotia. In late August we are going to Houston to see our grandson and I have to teach two days of tax seminars in Texas. Other than that.....I guess that doesn't leave a lot of time for anything other than that.
wnytaxman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 10:27 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by wnytaxman View Post
We're looking at three trips this summer. The first is off to Branson at the end of June. In July we are looking at New England and maybe up into Nova Scotia. In late August we are going to Houston to see our grandson and I have to teach two days of tax seminars in Texas. Other than that.....I guess that doesn't leave a lot of time for anything other than that.
Sweet, does that meen you can write off the Texas trip on your taxes as an expense?

Wonder how I can write off my Jeepn' trips to Moab. HMMMM.....
Nights camped in 2009: 53 | Nights camped in 2010: 55
www.nwjeepn.com
NWJeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2010, 06:39 PM   #12

Dang, Cant wait till I get More time for Trips, when i retire in 8 years !!! This year we have one Big obe for us, first Long haul for us also, Tacoma Wa headin to Steam Boat Springs Colorado, goin to take 4 or 5 day to get there, Taking the long way, then spend 5 days campin at Eagle pass then back home a more Direct route ( 3 days home), let me know any good places to stop along 90 till I get above Colorado, then just goin to head south LOL

Hatchet
Chevy 2500HD Diesel
07 SandPiper F305

Days camped 2011 "3" so far,
Hatchet58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2010, 09:55 PM   #13
2011 Berkshire 390bh

Quote:
Originally Posted by NWJeeper View Post
Sweet, does that meen you can write off the Texas trip on your taxes as an expense?

Wonder how I can write off my Jeepn' trips to Moab. HMMMM.....

Hmm, let's see. If you get into the business of redoing Jeeps for off road, then you could take the Moab trip as an expense for your business. The key to any tax deduction is what is an expense that you will incur anyways and how can you utilize it in a business sense.

We did Moab last April and did the Hummer tour of Slick Rock. What a blast that was. I can only imagine what it is like during Jeep Week.
wnytaxman is offline   Reply With Quote