Old 09-24-2017, 11:57 PM   #1

TR: San Rafael Swell (UT) Mountain Bike Fest 9/22-24/2017

This weekend's camping marked another great year of the San Rafael Swell Mountain Bike Festival with the MECCA Mt. Bike Club of Emery County, Utah.

Days camped in 2017: 53 (so far!)
FirstTracks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2017, 12:56 AM   #2

Moderator indicates that he'll delete this thread. See this one instead:
http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...-a-145271.html

Sorry.

Old 09-28-2017, 06:20 PM   #3

Did the wrong one get deleted/moved?
2019 Days Camped: 5, but many more planned!
Maman325 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2017, 06:37 PM   #4

Looks that way. I gave up.

Old 09-28-2017, 08:10 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maman325 View Post
Did the wrong one get deleted/moved?
Alas, unfortunately that did not turn out to be the case. My post was first pulled because it mentioned the YouTube channel and invited people to subscribe. The site team quotes the following from the forum rules:

Quote:
Our user base is not a resource to be "mined" by individuals, groups, or businesses, for profit or not for profit. The use of Forest River Forums to solicit members and/or customers for other groups, lists or businesses is expressly forbidden.
When I was advised that mentioning the channel and inviting people to subscribe was verboten, I edited the post to remove those two elements of my post, and instead simply mentioned the bike festival briefly and embedded the video without comment. No problem, I can live with that as my violation of the rules was neither deliberate nor intentional. I was confident that by editing the post as I had done, I was now in compliance with the forum rules, both in letter and spirit.

However, I have just now learned that the site team has determined that because that YouTube video begins with a channel intro (much like the intro to a TV show) and concludes with an invitation to subscribe to the channel, that the YouTube video itself violates the rules of FRF even though it's hosted on another platform on another website that is not subject to FRF's forum rules. They have invited me to edit the YouTube video to remove the beginning and the end, but that is something that I am not willing to do. I've expressed my disappointment, and also supplied the site team with examples of other YouTube posts that exist on FRF that do the exact same two things that they complain of, for that's how YouTube itself functions. In posting videos to YouTube, my primary audience is viewers of YouTube, not readers of FRF, so the videos are scripted and edited for them. I link to them here in passing, as I have valued my interactions with the community here and wanted to have a different way to share our RV travels with the FRF community.

Throughout this process, I have expressed to the site team that as the administrator of an online forum myself, I understand that there need to be rules to be adhered to. However, as a result of their position, I regret that I'll be unable to post my TR videos here, although they are easily located elsewhere for those willing to hunt for them. My username is the same elsewhere.

I sincerely hope that the site team does not choose to delete this post as well, for it simply presents the facts as they have happened without interjecting opinion, and explains what appears to be schizophrenic posting on my part in this forum this week. I hope that they can accept an honest accounting of what has taken place with moderation of my posts, and they should know that I harbor no ill will towards any of them regarding this process. If anything, it will clarify FRF's position on YouTube links/embeds for others to consider before posting.

Old 09-28-2017, 09:03 PM   #6

I appreciate the explanation, and that you're trying to play by the rules. Hope you'll still keep sharing trip reports, even if they can't include the videos - your trip reports have inspired us to go out & explore things beyond campgrounds & rv parks - we've got the dispersed camping bug!!
2019 Days Camped: 5, but many more planned!
Maman325 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2017, 09:04 PM   #7

TY!

Tags
bike, mount