Old 09-11-2017, 05:58 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maman325 View Post
I've found Campendium really useful as well - so your post reminds me that it's only as useful as the contributions made to it - so, starting today, I will be making a point to contribute reviews to the site as well!
Excellent! Like all sites that depend upon user-contributed content, you need critical mass to make it work. Campendium is nearly there IMO, so more contributors only makes it better. As the webmaster of an online property myself (an electronic ski magazine), I'm heartened by what they've managed to accomplish in a mere two years. And I'm literally shocked at the content quality of the average review.

At first I held a few spots (like https://www.campendium.com/heber-mountain) in my back pocket, selfishly thankful that some of my local stashes weren't listed on Campendium. I was even intentionally vague when I posted here at FRF about my first trip up there this summer. But then after exchanging emails with Brian Easterling, one of Campendium's founders, I became even more grateful for what they were doing and relented. I now make it a point to add reviews and photos of every campsite and dump station I visit.

Days camped in 2017: 53 (so far!)
FirstTracks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2017, 06:22 PM   #22

Thanks for posting the great pics and info. Cool and timely stuff for us, we have decided to check out Mesa Verde next and after seeing your pics might have to stop by Silverton and the 100 Gold Mine too. We too use Campendium quite a bit because it usually has Wireless Data information which I need for work. I guess as much as we use it, we should start contributing too.

MISSION COMPLETED!
gectisme is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2017, 06:30 PM   #23
Fulltime family RVer

Quote:
Originally Posted by gectisme View Post
...because it usually has Wireless Data information which I need for work...
Oh? Hmm, now I *need* to check it out!
Old 09-11-2017, 06:30 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by gectisme View Post
Thanks for posting the great pics and info. Cool and timely stuff for us, we have decided to check out Mesa Verde next and after seeing your pics might have to stop by Silverton and the 100 Gold Mine too. We too use Campendium quite a bit because it usually has Wireless Data information which I need for work. I guess as much as we use it, we should start contributing too.
We got ourselves a movement here! Safe travels, and have fun! Don't miss Silverton -- it was my favorite stop the whole trip.

I hope that you'll post comments and photos from your visit!

Old 09-11-2017, 06:32 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by ependydad View Post
Oh? Hmm, now I *need* to check it out!
Yep, every reviewer posts how many bars they got on their carrier, and that info for each carrier is posted for each campsite, and whether the data received was 4G, 3G or extended (i.e., 1X - ugh!). Most reviewers will add whether their signal was boosted or unboosted. That cell feature is likely because all four founders are full-time RVers with full-time jobs.