Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-29-2019, 08:47 PM   #1

Send a message via AIM to Keithe Send a message via MSN to Keithe Send a message via Yahoo to Keithe
Trip around the USA

My Wife and I just finished up our camping trip around the US. We traveled over 8500 miles in our Forester MBS with only one problem. On the next to last stop, our automatic step refused to work. I consider that minor considering the number of mile we drove. One thing we tried to accomplish was to travel to all the states which we haven't already been to. We now have been to 48 of the 50 states, only missing Louisiana and Mississippi. I guess that will be another trip.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	East Coast Trip.jpg
Views:	598
Size:	150.0 KB
ID:	216236  
Old 09-29-2019, 09:17 PM   #2

It looks to have been a great trip...how long were you out?
Creedmore P Crawley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2019, 09:23 PM   #3

Congratulations; but oh so wonderful to return to the beautiful area you call home.
Ram 2500 / Surveyor 251rks
debit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2019, 10:55 PM   #4

Send a message via AIM to Keithe Send a message via MSN to Keithe Send a message via Yahoo to Keithe
We were out about 4 1/2 weeks. We planned on staying out a little longer but there was snow in the forecast and didn't want to deal with bad weather.
Old 09-29-2019, 11:20 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keithe View Post
We were out about 4 1/2 weeks. We planned on staying out a little longer but there was snow in the forecast and didn't want to deal with bad weather.
Wow, 4 1/2 weeks... did you stop anywhere? We just did the same thing but we’re gone for 2 1/2 months and that seemed like it was not enough time
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	7C94CE02-6106-4B8D-B77C-CC97FFAB35F6.jpg
Views:	380
Size:	369.1 KB
ID:	216241  

2016 Siverback 33IK, Towed 50K+ mile
2018 Ford F-350 Lariat 6.7L V8 Diesel 4WD Crew Cab

"If you don't know where you are going, any road will get you there."
dalford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2019, 12:35 PM   #6

Much like yours, we're currently on an 8 week trip hitting most of the western states from Sand Point ID near the northern border, the Oregon coast on the west, Las Cruces NM on very southern border, eastern TX and back to OH...about 7,000 miles. Despite all of its social and political problems, this is still the best and prettiest land on the planet!
Old 09-30-2019, 12:51 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince and Charlette View Post
Despite all of its social and political problems, this is still the best and prettiest land on the planet!
A thought reinforced by the number of people who immigrate (or try to) to this country every year as well as years past.

"You only grow old when you run out of new things to do"

2018 Flagstaff Micro Lite 25BDS
2023 f-150 SCREW XLT 3.5 Ecoboost (The result of a $68,000 oil change)
TitanMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2019, 12:58 PM   #8
Dr Travel

What's the rush?

Boy, you drove by some of the finest country God ever made. What was your hurry? What was your purpose? Were you competing in a marathon?

Suggestion: slow down and see what is really out there. Took us awhile but we learned that less than a week (other than getting to another destination) in one place was not doing anything any justice.

Life ain't a sprint, it's a marathon.

And all those roses you missed...oh, my.

Fulltimers since 2014; still going strong in our RW Sig Ultralight Fiver. Have towed the Rockwood 27,000 miles with nary a hiccup. (Except for when participating in happy hours)

robsshots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2019, 01:21 PM   #9
(Dry Huunday)

Quote:
Originally Posted by robsshots View Post
Boy, you drove by some of the finest country God ever made. What was your hurry? What was your purpose? Were you competing in a marathon?

Suggestion: slow down and see what is really out there. Took us awhile but we learned that less than a week (other than getting to another destination) in one place was not doing anything any justice.

Life ain't a sprint, it's a marathon.

And all those roses you missed...oh, my.

There are those that don't have the luxury of spending "months and months" on the road.

Many moons ago my mother(single working mom) threw me in the back of a Chevy van and we left South Florida and toured the Western United states and B.C. in just under a month. Not once, but 3 times. Did we smell every rose? Of course not, but 40+ years later the roses we did smell are still some of the BEST memories of my life and I can never repay her for them.

Please don't judge.

Edit: Our trip was very similar to Dalfords except we went all the way to the California coast and then up to Oregon

Beau & Sue
FurKid Express
2015 Coachmen Catalina 303RLS
2016 Chevy Silverado LT 2500HD Duramax
The more people I meet, the more I like my dogs!
DreiHunde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2019, 01:28 PM   #10
Dr Travel

No one judged you - just asked what your hurry was. What was the point of the trip? Why would you not consider slowing down and experiencing more? Do you belong to a snowflake group? Just asking...

Fulltimers since 2014; still going strong in our RW Sig Ultralight Fiver. Have towed the Rockwood 27,000 miles with nary a hiccup. (Except for when participating in happy hours)

robsshots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2019, 02:14 PM   #11
(Dry Huunday)

Quote:
Originally Posted by robsshots View Post
No one judged you - just asked what your hurry was. What was the point of the trip? Why would you not consider slowing down and experiencing more? Do you belong to a snowflake group? Just asking...
Ummm....calm down. And I'm not the OP.

Beau & Sue
FurKid Express
Old 09-30-2019, 02:15 PM   #12
(Dry Huunday)

Quote:
Looks like a great trip!

Beau & Sue
FurKid Express
Old 09-30-2019, 02:17 PM   #13
Always Learning

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreiHunde View Post
Ummm....calm down. And I'm not the OP.
You're so much kinder than I would have been.
Old 09-30-2019, 02:18 PM   #14
Always Learning

Quote:
My Wife and I just finished up our camping trip around the US. We traveled over 8500 miles in our Forester MBS with only one problem. On the next to last stop, our automatic step refused to work. I consider that minor considering the number of mile we drove. One thing we tried to accomplish was to travel to all the states which we haven't already been to. We now have been to 48 of the 50 states, only missing Louisiana and Mississippi. I guess that will be another trip.
I LOVE this. 4 1/2 weeks seems like a super fast speed, but you make the most out of the time that you have. If you get a chance, please post and share some photos!
Old 09-30-2019, 04:06 PM   #15

I would have liked to take more time on this trip but you take what you can get. Maybe next time I'll be able to spend more time. I still saw lots of nice places and specially the ones we had on our list.
Old 09-30-2019, 04:30 PM   #16

Quote:
I would have liked to take more time on this trip but you take what you can get. Maybe next time I'll be able to spend more time. I still saw lots of nice places and specially the ones we had on our list.

Good for you. Sounds like you had a great trip.

As I tell my friends - plan like you are going to live forever and live like it is your last day.

Tomorrow is never guaranteed, live the way you want when you want.
Old 09-30-2019, 04:33 PM   #17

Quote:
That’s all that counts...

2016 Siverback 33IK, Towed 50K+ mile
2018 Ford F-350 Lariat 6.7L V8 Diesel 4WD Crew Cab

"If you don't know where you are going, any road will get you there."
dalford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2019, 05:06 PM   #18

Cross-country trips like this one are the life-blood of the RV industry. DW and I have been "camping" almost since the day we married more than 47 years ago. Now that we are both long retired, we enjoy the luxury of planning and executing RV trips with our 35-foot Cardinal 5-er. The best trips we have are almost always with dear friends who also own RV's. Most are weekend camping trips, but some have involved nearly cross-country excursions with another couple or more. The thrill for us is watching the looks on the faces of our friends when we take them to a natural wonder that they have never seen.

Keep on making trips like the one you just completed, and the memories will stay with you for the rest of your lives.
Jakieboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2019, 05:37 PM   #19

Would love to know your favorite campground spots in Oregon, Nevada, and Arizona if you have any?

Thanks so much
Colleen and Mike
2009 Berkshire 390BH
Old 09-30-2019, 06:07 PM   #20
Trailer Park Supervisor

Jealous. I gotta wait for my ol' lady to retire. Then we'll be both old and gross and probably hate each other being stuck so close together for that long, lol.
NJKris is offline   Reply With Quote