Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-17-2010, 04:29 PM   #1

Upcoming California vacation

Today I made reservations for the trip we are planning this summer, we are going to Southern California, taking the kids to Disneyland (2 days) and Seaworld (1 day), it includes a 4 nights in LA at Canyon RV park, three nights in San Diego at Campland on the Bay, and two nights in Las Vegas at Circus Circus KOA. Besides the theme parks we will be spending time on the beach and kayaking on Mission Bay, summer can't come quick enough, but will be over way too soon.
flyrotor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2010, 08:00 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyrotor View Post
Today I made reservations for the trip we are planning this summer, we are going to Southern California, taking the kids to Disneyland (2 days) and Seaworld (1 day), it includes a 4 nights in LA at Canyon RV park, three nights in San Diego at Campland on the Bay, and two nights in Las Vegas at Circus Circus KOA. Besides the theme parks we will be spending time on the beach and kayaking on Mission Bay, summer can't come quick enough, but will be over way too soon.
Kayaking Mission Bay sounds awesome. Post lots of pics when you get a chance.
Nights camped in 2009: 53 | Nights camped in 2010: 55
www.nwjeepn.com
NWJeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 10:42 PM   #3

Welcome to California

If this is your first trip, take a lot of time at Disneyland. Early morning to late night is usually the routine. Have a good hat, lots of water and take your time. The lines require patience.

San Diego is great and too much to see in a day or two.

Vegas, Circus is on the strip and it is camping in a parking lot. If you want a little better facility try Sam's Town 20 minutes off the strip and if you want to go up scale just off the strip, consider The Oasis. We will be trying the Oasis for the first time next Monday and will give you a rating if you like.

Just enjoy and we will do our best to give you great weather.

Big Bird
Big bird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 11:36 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big bird View Post
Welcome to California

If this is your first trip,
Big Bird
No, actually a repeat of a trip about 4 years ago, but it will be the first stop at Circus Circus on the campground side. I have seen the pics of their sites, the only draw for me is the price is reasonable, and my wife likes the location for walking the strip, for me it's just a way to split a 15 hour drive into two days, but if it were really a destination, I would probably stay out towards Lake Mead.

This will be the third trip to Campland in San Diego, we love the park, love their beach on Mission Bay, and enjoy kayaking on the Bay, we usually ride the bike trails over to the ocean and beach and spend a day out and about all on the bikes.

Thanks for the warm welcome....
flyrotor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2010, 11:51 PM   #5

Canyon RV is really nice, but understand they had a bad fire roll right up their property last year or so. A lot of the surroundings are not as nice as before, but still the best place (IMHO) to stay near Anaheim.

I agree with Big Bird in regard to Circus Circus...we stayed at Oasis and really enjoyed that park. If you have extra time in San Diego, consider the Chula Vista (San Diego Metro) KOA. Great park for the kids and near everything.

Hope you have fun here !! We are going the other way...maybe we'll pass on the road !!

2006 Avalanche 1500 w/6" lift
2007 Suburban 2500 4x4 w/4" lift
2008 Salem 26TBSS
P3 Controller
4 lil' ones & a Hottie for a wife
TravelSoftballDad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010, 07:15 PM   #6

Have fun, and Canyon RV is good in the camping area, I have been there since the fire and its good to go. Your going to me in my neck of the woods (wish there were more woods) Have fun at Dland and ck out Knotts Berry Farm too.
jeepsailor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 09:12 AM   #7

Have a great time on your trip! As a word of caution watch out for the potholes and worn out sections of the freeways. We left Ca. in 1991, now in Idaho. We go back every year to visit our daughter in the Ventura County area. Last summer we rode our motorcycle down to visit her. I have never seen the freeways there in such badly need of repair. I was dodging potholes all over the place. I am guessing that Ca. is so cash strapped that there are no funds to keep up on the required maintenance. I lived in Ca. for 26 years, it is a beautiful state especially for those of us who like to camp. Passing through there last year was like seeing an old friend who hadn't taken care of himself let himself go.
Campster is offline   Reply With Quote