Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-29-2020, 10:10 PM   #1

Utah is opening

I got a call today from Spanish Trails CG in Moab. They are opening May 8 and confirmed our reservation on the 18th is good to go. They are only allowed to fill to 50% capacity for now so every other space will be empty, bathrooms and pool will remain closed. Restaraunts in town are allowed to open for internal seating but limited to every other table, no groups of more than 5 at a table, masks required.

No word yet when Colorado State Park CGs will open. We'll be wheeling in the boondocks in Moab, BBQ at the.rig for meals and using our own bathroom with focus on sanitary measures so I think it should be safe.
RV Randy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2020, 10:21 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by RV Randy View Post
I got a call today from Spanish Trails CG in Moab. They are opening May 8 and confirmed our reservation on the 18th is good to go. They are only allowed to fill to 50% capacity for now so every other space will be empty, bathrooms and pool will remain closed. Restaraunts in town are allowed to open for internal seating but limited to every other table, no groups of more than 5 at a table, masks required.

No word yet when Colorado State Park CGs will open. We'll be wheeling in the boondocks in Moab, BBQ at the.rig for meals and using our own bathroom with focus on sanitary measures so I think it should be safe.
Just curious, how do they intend for you to eat if you have to wear a mask?

2018 Cedar Creek 36CK2 (40.5ft)
TST Cap System (Tire Monitoring)
2021 Chevy 3500HD Crew Cab 4X4 DRW Duramax (replaced 2015 Chevy 2500HD Crew Cab 4X4 Duramax)
Curt A25 5th Wheel Hitch (replaced Demco 18K Auto-slide)
LittleBill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2020, 10:24 PM   #3

Quote:
Just curious, how do they intend for you to eat if you have to wear a mask?
YEP, also heard restaurants can open soon with restrictions but must wear a mask... maybe only pureed food sucked thru a straw????

2014 Shamrock 183
2014 RAM 1500 Bighorn Crew Cab, HEMI, 3.21 gears, 8 Spd, 4X4 TST TPMS
rsdata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2020, 10:26 PM   #4

The world is full of comedians......

Maybe you have a small hole in the mask and everything is fed to you via a straw because they prepare your burger in a blender

or maybe, you wear the mask outside and then while waiting to be seated, then you can take it off when you are only within 6 feet of the people in your party?

Randy & Dee
2018 DX3 37TS
"Orange Crush"
Old 04-30-2020, 11:43 AM   #5

Any word on State Parks and Federal CGs (Nat Park and Forest and BLM)?
IDguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2020, 03:16 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by IDguy View Post
Any word on State Parks and Federal CGs (Nat Park and Forest and BLM)?
I know none of the Colorado State Park CG's are open yet, haven't heard anything regarding Utah yet either or on National Parks. Most of the trails around Moab are on BLM land, I havent heard of any restrictions accessing the trails. There are a few primitive CG's in the area on BLM land, havent heard of those or open yet or if they were even closed.

Randy & Dee
2018 DX3 37TS
"Orange Crush"

Tags
utah