Old 03-07-2017, 07:35 AM   #21

We will have to plot out a course and see what we can fit in this trip. Thanks to all for the input!
randyf74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2017, 09:54 PM   #22

Looks like we're going to spend two nights right in Missoula. Does anybody have recommendations for campgrounds near town?
Old 03-09-2017, 07:01 PM   #23

We drove from Yellowstone to Missoula with trailer a few years back. It was a long long haul. We ended up staying at KOA in town. Nothing special but we don't care for RV parks backing onto Interstates and I believe there were two of those.
Old 03-09-2017, 07:14 PM   #24

We also stopped at Lewis and Clark Caverns. Campground with caves.
Old 03-09-2017, 08:35 PM   #25

Jim and Mary's RV Park in Missoula is a good place to stay. Clean and friendly staff, but smaller spaces, but not on the Interstate. We stayed in a Travel Trailer a couple of years age. Close to everything one needs in Missoula.
beechjet16mf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2017, 06:44 PM   #26

Has anyone stayed at Salmon Lake state park in Missoula?
Old 03-14-2017, 07:14 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by randyf74 View Post
Looks like we're going to spend two nights right in Missoula. Does anybody have recommendations for campgrounds near town?
We stayed at Jim and Mary's RV Park outside of Missoula in the fall a couple years ago. It was a nice park, sites were roomy. We would stay there again.
Old 04-08-2017, 09:25 PM   #28

Just made reservations this morning at the St Mary/East Glacier KOA for mid July. This will be a bunch of firsts for me, first time camping out of the country, first time at a KOA, first time to glacier.
The KOA is pricy, but there is no way I could handle the stress of the non reservable NPS campgrounds. I also think the kids will love the pool.
Any recommendations for stuff to do/see with kids in glacier? They will be 4 and 6.
I am hoping to get to get a day of mountain biking in on this trip. Maybe I will head over to whitefish, or maybe stop somewhere in kananaskis on our way back home.
Kevinwak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2017, 01:51 AM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevinwak View Post
Just made reservations this morning at the St Mary/East Glacier KOA for mid July. This will be a bunch of firsts for me, first time camping out of the country, first time at a KOA, first time to glacier.
The KOA is pricy, but there is no way I could handle the stress of the non reservable NPS campgrounds. I also think the kids will love the pool.
Any recommendations for stuff to do/see with kids in glacier? They will be 4 and 6.
I am hoping to get to get a day of mountain biking in on this trip. Maybe I will head over to whitefish, or maybe stop somewhere in kananaskis on our way back home.

The pool is nice and so are the views in the campground. Of all the KOA's we've stayed at I must say I've never had such a narrow spot and I felt like the other rigs were right on top of us. With that said, Glacier sure was beautiful.
2013 Cardinal 3030RLS - sold
jtaylor1920 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2017, 06:25 AM   #30

Quote:
You should be OK with a Mini at that C/G! With a 4&6 age Kids I would go to the Visitors Center around the corner,the Start of the "Going to the Sun Road" take the FREE Bus Shuttle all the way to the West side and Back,or you can Pay for the "Red Bus Tour" or you can Drive,BUT You will Not See Much because You are Driving! Youroo!!
Old 04-14-2017, 01:15 AM   #31

Quote:

With that age kids I would recommend avalanche lake. If they are in hiking shape they could most likely make it. The view at the lake is incredible and it's not that bad of a hike. I took my five year old and was fine. It might be pushing it for a young four year old but I think it might be worth trying especially during times of runoff as the falls into the valley at the top are breathtaking in my opinion.
NoBadDays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2017, 09:11 AM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoBadDays View Post
With that age kids I would recommend avalanche lake. If they are in hiking shape they could most likely make it. The view at the lake is incredible and it's not that bad of a hike. I took my five year old and was fine. It might be pushing it for a young four year old but I think it might be worth trying especially during times of runoff as the falls into the valley at the top are breathtaking in my opinion.

Thanks! I will definitely try.
Kevinwak is offline   Reply With Quote