Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-19-2017, 09:40 PM   #1

Yellowstone: How big are the 30ft sites really?

I'm heading to Yellowstone this Summer. When I booked my 30ft sites in January, I didn't own my MH yet. Now I own a 24ft Sunseeker AND I plan to tow my Jeep Wrangler Unlimited. So, I'm wondering if I screwed the pooch and won't be able to fit in any of the 30ft sites except for in Fishing Bridge where the sites are double-wide. Anyone have experience here?
alexisc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2017, 10:20 PM   #2
Site Team

Madison and Grant have big enough sites for you.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2017, 02:55 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexisc View Post
I'm heading to Yellowstone this Summer. When I booked my 30ft sites in January, I didn't own my MH yet. Now I own a 24ft Sunseeker AND I plan to tow my Jeep Wrangler Unlimited. So, I'm wondering if I screwed the pooch and won't be able to fit in any of the 30ft sites except for in Fishing Bridge where the sites are double-wide. Anyone have experience here?

Double wide in Fishing Bridge, you probably won't have enough room to get your awning out. I have been at Fishing Bridge a few times and unless you were on a end the awning stayed in. The sites are close there, it's really just a parking lot with trees
spock123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2017, 05:20 PM   #4

Plenty of room at Grant Village for your rig. I've had my 25DS in and out of there no problem.
Blackrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2017, 08:22 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by spock123 View Post
Double wide in Fishing Bridge, you probably won't have enough room to get your awning out. I have been at Fishing Bridge a few times and unless you were on a end the awning stayed in. The sites are close there, it's really just a parking lot with trees
Yeah I'm ok with that - as long as I can stay in the park, that's really all that matters.
Old 04-20-2017, 08:22 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackrock View Post
Plenty of room at Grant Village for your rig. I've had my 25DS in and out of there no problem.
In a 30ft spot with a toad the size of a Jeep Wrangler Unlimited??
Old 04-21-2017, 08:03 AM   #7

Which sites did you book? We stayed last summer in Canyon. Worst case scenario your MH will fit and you will have to park your Jeep at check-in office or just outside campground in parking lot for Canyon Village. You could probably do something similar depending on where you are booked.
travelwithkids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 01:48 PM   #8

We have a 32 ft. 5th wheel and it was a huge pain getting into the longest available site at Fishing Bridge. (It was a couple of years ago and I don't recall how long the site was, but I had been told we would fit.)
Now:2018 Arctic Fox 27-5L
2008 Ford F-250 Long Bed Diesel
Total of 30 Months on the Road Since 2008
DrLewie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 01:54 PM   #9

We always stay at Grizzly RV park in West Yellowstone. Beautiful park, large sites, walk to towns and only a half mile from the west entrance.
Center Point suspension
2018 Ram Laramie 3500 6'4" box 2WD
Demco AutoSlide 18k
Telstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 03:52 PM   #10

Grizzly RV park is great
spock123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 07:40 PM   #11

Blackrock, I'm hoping your photo is photo-shopped. It would be a definite challenge to back out of that one!

"I'm a man, but I can change, if I have to. . .I guess."
Red Green
"Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati"
rockfossilman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 11:59 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by travelwithkids View Post
Which sites did you book? We stayed last summer in Canyon. Worst case scenario your MH will fit and you will have to park your Jeep at check-in office or just outside campground in parking lot for Canyon Village. You could probably do something similar depending on where you are booked.
Well now I have changed my dates completely and I was able to get 10 nights at fishing bridge. I originally had my time split between Canyon, Madison, and Fishing bridge - I would prefer to move between sites but obviously it's too late now.
Old 04-22-2017, 12:01 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrLewie View Post
We have a 32 ft. 5th wheel and it was a huge pain getting into the longest available site at Fishing Bridge. (It was a couple of years ago and I don't recall how long the site was, but I had been told we would fit.)
The longest site are rated at 40ft and are double wide at fishing bridge. I have a 30ft there and I'll be fine because I can park the car next to the MH.
Old 04-22-2017, 12:03 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telstar View Post
We always stay at Grizzly RV park in West Yellowstone. Beautiful park, large sites, walk to towns and only a half mile from the west entrance.
I've looked at Grizzly but I'm tempted by Rainbow Point Campground. It's a littl further away but much cheaper for an electric site.

https://www.recreation.gov/camping/r...O&parkId=72014