Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-30-2014, 05:58 PM   #1

12' Garage Door

I've been looking for a place to store my 351 DS inside. However it seems that 12 foot doors are the norm around here. The stated height of 12' 1", that doesn't seem like it's going to work. Any input from those of you that store your RV inside?
2013 Jeep Wrangler Sahara Unlimited Toad with ReadyBrute Elite
Networx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2014, 06:06 PM   #2

Stated height is one thing, but have you actually measured it?
Also, if your only a few inches high, and you only have to move the rig a short distance, say to the inside of a building, let air out of the tires to lose a few inches, drive it in, and air the tires back up.
Grumpy
grumpy0374 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2014, 06:27 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by grumpy0374 View Post
Stated height is one thing, but have you actually measured it?
Also, if your only a few inches high, and you only have to move the rig a short distance, say to the inside of a building, let air out of the tires to lose a few inches, drive it in, and air the tires back up.
Grumpy

OR
You can remove your ROOF AC units and drive in and reinstall after its in the garage.
OH don't forget to remove them before you drive out.
Iggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2014, 10:55 PM   #4

One thing you could consider is just removing the A/C shroud and you could loose approx. 1 inch then your good to go.
&
Our Baby Dachshund
Cammie
ramair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2014, 11:54 PM   #5

We store ours inside, the unit is 15 ft wide and 50 feet deep. I think it's also 15 feet tall, but not sure. It's plenty tall enough for the rv, doesn't even hit the antenna.
ChrisAndGarren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2014, 01:24 PM   #6

12' Garage Door

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisAndGarren View Post
We store ours inside, the unit is 15 ft wide and 50 feet deep. I think it's also 15 feet tall, but not sure. It's plenty tall enough for the rv, doesn't even hit the antenna.

I have 12' 3" door. My MH height is 12' 1". I can pull my rig in straight, which I prefer, and the rear AC barely brushes the door seal. Not sure where they came up with 12' 1"? I can back my Rig in, and have no issues because the rear tires are lower (still on my gravel driveway) when the rear AC clears the door. Bottom line for me - the rear AC is higher than the front.

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
Krazymace is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
door