Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-30-2015, 07:14 PM   #1

2005 Georgetown XML with LCI leveling

The LCI electronic leveling system will not come on. It did this once before and I finally found the breaker by the battery box....but this did not work this time.....when I started the unit it was sounding an alarm and pushed the on/off switch and it stopped....but now the system will not come on...we checked the batteries ....the breaker switch...had the gen set running and the truck engine running......
When I disengage the parking brake....and press the on....the light wii come on,but dim....when we engage the parking brake, the light goes out ....
I really think it's a electrical issue......but I am lost as where to go from here...
Any help is appreciated.....
Wwaller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2015, 09:17 PM   #2

Sound like your tank level is too low. Have you checked the AT Fluid?
Iggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2015, 09:39 PM   #3

Have you tried resetting?

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums
Krazymace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2015, 10:17 AM   #4

Thanks for your replys.....

1. How do I reset the system

2. Will low Fluid cause the system to act as I described....

Again, Thanks for the reply's.......This is a very helpful site as I have used this before and it always seems to be the levelers.....

I have another issue with the hot water......but I will try to resolve this issue 1st..

Thanks
Wayne Waller
Wwaller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2015, 10:29 AM   #5

I'm not sure your model is being 2005 but I attached a few documents here to print out and read.

YES

Hope these documents help you
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Georgetown_Hyd_Sys_ALL_maual.pdf (2.68 MB, 233 views)
File Type: pdf Georgetown_Hyd_Sys_Trouble_manual.pdf (1.03 MB, 102 views)
File Type: pdf Control_Panel_Troubleshoot.pdf (806.5 KB, 112 views)
Old 10-01-2015, 10:50 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wwaller View Post

Again, Thanks for the reply's.......This is a very helpful site as I have used this before and it always seems to be the levelers.....

I have another issue with the hot water......but I will try to resolve this issue 1st..

Thanks

Wayne Waller

Push all 4 diamond buttons at same time to reset.

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums
Krazymace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2015, 05:29 PM   #7

If you have a 2005 like mine, you do not have auto leveling. All manual. Check your fluids and if that's all good I agree with the electrical issue. Maybe the switch.

My switch has acted freaky a couple of times. The big issue is that I think these components are obsolete and may be hard to find

That said, there is. A mechanical reset procedure where you open and close all of the valves. But I'm unsure if that would help your issue.

Good luck

Bill

Life is a journey, not a destination.
2005 Georgetown 359ts
Bill & Virginia, Kentucky
Nights camped in 2011...78 , 2012...73,
Nights camped in 2013...123, 2014 ...101
bend302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2015, 09:05 AM   #8

2005 GEOTWN XL 375TS
EVERYTHING in this motorhome is an electrical issue do you check under stairs after driving in salt and replace fuses?? wash elect stairs thoroughly and lube
clean batteries when you can ( in south they Glycol or something and salt clean asap)
glenn56h is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2015, 12:01 PM   #9

If it's a Ford chassis, I had a mini fuse burn out in the fuse block under the steering wheel. It supplied power to the levelling system that monitors emergency release. It was marked in the Ford manual as power to chassis maker. There are several of these so check all the fuses in the block, it may help.
tim440hp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2015, 09:44 PM   #10
2006 Georgetown 340

We had this same issue on our 2006 while on vacation this year. Called Lippert Tech support and found under the steps a battery terminal became corroded and had actually broken off the connector. Just had to slide back under screw and re-tighten and it started working.

Good luck
compint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2015, 09:52 PM   #11

Most problems can be prevented if you look and check your systems out before any trip. Some folks don't have the background to understand or do any preventive steps and this usually has a system fail when in use on a trip and they don't understand why it happens to them.
I read it here numerous time that the owner has no idea where the multi fuse panels are and what they are for. We had one who after many years of use the slides and levelers stopped working and he never knew that their was a tank for the ATF fluid he needed to check. Others here don't understand how to check their cold tire pressure before a trip.
That is the great thing about this forum. All they have to do is ask and 99% they can find the answer. BUT they need to ask before they have a problem at some remote location with little or no help.

Good luck all.

Tags
georgetown, leveling