Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-31-2015, 03:50 PM   #1

2006 Georgetown No Cruise Control

My cruise control had been working perfect for years then one day, it wasn't. I have tried everything I can think of and can not figure out what changed. I know that the deactivation switch is a common issue so I replaced that and still nothing. I am not sure what fuse it is so I checked every fuse and all seem to be good.

I am at a loss. Anyone have any ideas?
mrmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2015, 07:17 PM   #2

If this is a Ford F53 chassis, take your VIN # to the Ford Dealer NOW and ensure that the Cruise Control recall has been complied with.

They install a short wire harness that has two fuses in it. the harness connects to your cruise control brake switch that's located on the brake master cylinder.

Problem - This switch shorts out internally, when that happens, it starts to melt the wiring harness which almost immediately leads to a complete destruction of the vehicle as the fire expands. ( I watched my neighbors truck burn to the ground at 6a.m.)

If the recall has been performed and the switch shorts out, the fuse in the new harness blows and the cruise control stops working. If your recall has been complied with, and you find the fuse blown, replace the switch before replacing the fuse.

Tags
georgetown