Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-24-2013, 05:55 PM   #1

2010 Drivers Door Issue? May buy soon.

May by a used 2010 Georgetown. I read somewhere in a post that someone experienced air leakage with this option. Anyone have any experience with this or is nothing to worry about?
pbbixler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 08:53 AM   #2

I have an '05 GT with drivers door and like it. Only used it once but then it was a lifesaver as the coach door dead bolt lever had come loose and we could not get out. Out the drivers door and unlock with key = good to go.

I have heard wind noise complaints and added door post blocking mirror on some newer units so I would look at one close B4 I bought.

Bill

Life is a journey, not a destination.
2005 Georgetown 359ts
Bill & Virginia, Kentucky
Nights camped in 2011...78 , 2012...73,
Nights camped in 2013...123, 2014 ...101
bend302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 07:12 PM   #3
CLASS "A" Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbbixler View Post
May by a used 2010 Georgetown. I read somewhere in a post that someone experienced air leakage with this option. Anyone have any experience with this or is nothing to worry about?
That was me posting about air leakage. Possibly FR changed the type of seal from 2007 to 2010. I can say prior to installing additional 3/4" wide by 3/8" thick weather stripping I always felt air coming in every time a truck passed by. As for using it, I think I've climbed in once. It does make it easier to look at the fuse box at the floor level if you have a step stool. When we bought our coach it was spec'd the same as the coach at the Hershey RV Show. I didn't realize it was on the coach due to the way the park the units so I never looked at the driver's side from outside. Personally if the deal is good I wouldn't let the door sway my decision. You may not have any issues and the fix isn't much to do to fix. In my case the seal was just not the right type in my opinion.

2007 Georgetown 370TS
aka - RAYNMKR

Driver: Charlie
Navigator: Sheri
cfsoistman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 12:03 PM   #4
ttg

We have a 2010 with drivers door and don't notice any wind from it. Because the power window doesn't go all the way down, it is a little awkward to reach out at border crossings and toll booths. I think it is a great option.
ttg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 12:28 PM   #5

Drivers door

I wish i had a drivers door, dead bolt failed on my 2011 GT 360RB. Has to take it apart from the inside, not easy.
tetsurvivor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 01:48 PM   #6
Anacortesians

If you aren't very agile, be real careful. I got out through the driver's door on my '02 GT325 at a campground and missed the little "stirrup" step on the aft edge of the wheel arch.

I started to fall out backwards and the ground underneath was a concrete parking pad. I managed to grab hold of the doorframe and steering wheel and pull myself back up. Of course that was the first night out on a 14-day trip! We bagged it at 8 days and came home. A couple of months later, I had to have a lumbar laminectomy to fix a herniated disk. Definitely not fun, and I only use that door if there's a ladder outside. I have to use it when docked at home as there isn't enough clearance between the house door and the garage wall to open it.