Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-09-2011, 11:57 AM   #1

2010 Georgetown 350TS

Has anyone installed wheel valve extender hoses for servicing tires? How do you remove hub or lug nut cover to install hose brackets?
garytenorsinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2011, 10:22 PM   #2

Did your unit not come with valve extenders installed...ours did.
polkatronron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2011, 01:04 AM   #3

I have a Georgetown 350 and it came with a special wrench. Mine was located in the bottom of the storage compartment where the 50amp power cable is located - can't recall if I put it there or if that is where it was located when I picked up the RV. Looks like a big "T" socket wrench. Anyway, if you look closely at the lug nut covers, on the hubs, 3 or 4 of them have a little slit/indention in the chrome lugnut cover. These are the lug nut covers that can be unscrewed and the hub will come off. The others are decorative on the hub. Once you get the hub off you will see the real lug nuts. I put valve extenders on mine. Was a pain to do - had a hard time getting them screwed onto the existing the valve stem. My RV is at the shop for some warranty work, else I would take a picture and show you how I did mine. Good luck.
blightle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2011, 06:36 AM   #4

Extender Hoses

blightle. Thanks for the information. I will check it out with what you have told me. A picture sure would have been nice. I do have one extender hose installed on the inner tire and comes through the outer tire hole, but isn't secured with a bracket. Factory did that on each side. The hose has been flopping around not being secured. The outside tire has a 90 degree valve stem, but that is facing towards the inner tire. Not sure why they did that. I'll need to run a extender hose from there back through a hole in the outer tire. How did you secure the extender hoses for the inner and outer tires?
garytenorsinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 09:49 PM   #5

garytenorsinger - I used a 180 degree valve stem. Go to amazon and search for: Pacific Dualies 18180 180 Degree Valve Stem Extension. I had to bend them just slightly to tighten the bend and then I was able to screw the valve stem extender on and have the new end come back out the same hole in the wheel.

I may have had to twist the current valve stem towards the edge of the hole to allow for enough room for the new valve stem to loop back through the same hole. Just FYI, they were a little difficult to get screwed on because there is not much room in there for your fingers. I used a pair of needle nose pliers to tighten them up once I got the threads started. Certainly did not want any leaks. Been using them for about 6 months without issue.
blightle is offline   Reply With Quote