Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-26-2015, 04:20 PM   #1

2011 Georgetown wipers

My Georgetown has given me great service. This last month I have had trouble with the windshield wipers operation. Operates erraticatically on intermittent, will not shut down on high unless the engine is turned off and will not return to home position. Ford has no info on the f550 mh chassis describing the function, look, location, and components of the wiper system. Would Forest river have this info. Is there frog experience with getting this fixed.
pops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2015, 08:23 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by pops View Post
My Georgetown has given me great service. This last month I have had trouble with the windshield wipers operation. Operates erraticatically on intermittent, will not shut down on high unless the engine is turned off and will not return to home position. Ford has no info on the f550 mh chassis describing the function, look, location, and components of the wiper system. Would Forest river have this info. Is there frog experience with getting this fixed.

I have not heard of anyone having the issues you described on any Georgetown.
I see you said you have a 2011. Was it purchased new or used?
Either way I think you need to find out your repair options.

I think the problem is in the steering wheel switch for the wipers.
That is the only control on speed and on/off.

Contact Forest River Georgetown Rep. and see what they say.
Here is my contact information..
Kevin Stratton
Forest River Georgetown Warranty
Phone: 574-206-7611
Fax: 574-206-2484
kstratton@forestriverinc.com

I also have the company link that makes the windshield wiper system for Forest River. They are AM Equipment. They have FAQ and contact information which may be helpful to you
Here is the link
Windshield Wiper Blades and Systems | DC Electric Motors | Wiper Motor Assembly | AM Equipment

Hope this helps you.
Iggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2015, 07:57 AM   #3

2022 wipers malfuction

I purchased it new and are in it about 130 days per year. Made the trip to Alaska last summer11000 miles and really enjoyed the mh. Thank you for the leads for wiper system info. I will let you know what I find
Old 01-27-2015, 11:44 AM   #4

I have a 2011 had the same issue come up once. Don't drive in rain a lot. Interested in any replies.

Rudy - 10 year old long haired dachshund, RIP
2011 Georgetown 350TS
2013 Chevrolet Equinox toad
RudysWorld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2015, 04:23 PM   #5

Fixed wiper control

I got the windshield wiper control problem fixed. The first connecter off the motor is a five pin that was loose. Its pretty cheesy with a latch on only one side. Got it pushed back together and secured with an additional tie wrap to hold it together. Works fine.

Some other thoughts regards wipers.

I did manage to purchase a detailed point to point windshield wiper troubleshooting guide from ford specific to chassis for motor homes. The over all view is that a simpler circuitry is used than the std ford pickup. Only 3 components hand switch, control module and motor. No engine computer cross ties.

The two big wipers working off the one motor seems to be a large load and when dry tend to drag. I ordered 28 inch replacement blades from PPL rather than the 32 std for this Georgetown, thinking that it will reduce the load. Seems to help.

Ready to get on the road again

pops

Tags
2011, georgetown