Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-07-2013, 11:58 PM   #1

2012 378ts main slide

howdy: pushed main slide out button for slide and all worked good, until I pushed slide in and pump ran buy nothing happened. it was Hooked to shore power checked all fuses below and batteries are good. Did not see any reset buttons, there is a 120A left of junction box but nothing to push in.wow aim stumped. Any help would be cool. Pete
petey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 07:16 AM   #2

Pete
Check solenoids on top of hyd pump assembly. Four towards front of coach are jacks two per side, bdr is last on DS for total 4 on DS. Second from back is main slide control valve. Check if operating with button. If not can be opened with hex wrench shown on Lippert book provided or on line.
VinceU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 07:56 AM   #3

The 120 amp fuse is a resetable circuit breaker. It should have a red button that when pushed will open the circuit breaker as evident by a latch that pops out of the bottom. That latch is reset by just pushing the latch back in the circuit breaker. If that breaker was open I don't think your pump would operate. It just sounds as though you may be low on hyd fluid. The fluid reservoir is at its lowest when all slides and levellers are out/extended. If your levellers are extended, see if they will retract.
bubbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 12:54 PM   #4

His quote " I pushed slide in and pump ran buy nothing happened" sounded more like control problem than power supply.
Old 05-08-2013, 05:35 PM   #5

2012 378 ts main slide

thanks for the help. Forest river called this am. and Steve walked me threw the process. He asked about fluid level and so on, then he said crawl under where hyd. pump is and look up and see a solenoid on the end of pump motor with a black and white wire, push the little clip down and pull wire out, then went in motor home and pushed button for slide worked perfect, crawled back under and plugged it back in.he said any time jacks, slides don't retract or go out do this procedure and it will work. He said some times these pumps will do this. All I know it worked. Ran all slides and jacks everything aok. this wire I pulled is a reset for pump. I guess an old dog can learn a few things still. Pete
Old 05-08-2013, 07:15 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by petey View Post
thanks for the help. Forest river called this am. and Steve walked me threw the process. He asked about fluid level and so on, then he said crawl under where hyd. pump is and look up and see a solenoid on the end of pump motor with a black and white wire, push the little clip down and pull wire out, then went in motor home and pushed button for slide worked perfect, crawled back under and plugged it back in.he said any time jacks, slides don't retract or go out do this procedure and it will work. He said some times these pumps will do this. All I know it worked. Ran all slides and jacks everything aok. this wire I pulled is a reset for pump. I guess an old dog can learn a few things still. Pete

FYI that was unplugging the directional valve witht he black and white wire.
Not sure if it located on the back of the pump but I will check next time I see my MH.
Here are a fe pictures.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	pump1.jpg
Views:	77
Size:	46.2 KB
ID:	29931   Click image for larger version

Name:	Pump2.jpg
Views:	89
Size:	27.2 KB
ID:	29932  
Iggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 07:31 PM   #7

Good to know. This procedure is now in my troubleshooting tree.
bubbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 11:25 PM   #8

2012 378ts main slide

thanks,vinceu,bubbles,iggy.iggy the pump motor runs under Neath from left to right, the solenoid is on rear side of pump close to tank and there is a white and black wire there, the pictures you sent are right ones. This is where mine was located. what a easy fix. And Steve was helpful. I have had 3 forest river rv and the Tec help has always been very good for me. Pete
Old 05-09-2013, 07:53 PM   #9

Quote:
thanks,vinceu,bubbles,iggy.iggy the pump motor runs under Neath from left to right, the solenoid is on rear side of pump close to tank and there is a white and black wire there, the pictures you sent are right ones. This is where mine was located. what a easy fix. And Steve was helpful. I have had 3 forest river rv and the Tec help has always been very good for me. Pete
You have just begun the battle! The underlying cause of the reverse valve problem is well covered by this Post-mine. I went through it a year ago, pulling the direction valve connector everytime I needed to bring up jacks or slides. It was scary. Please read this article in Word from the Georgetown section. Very detailed with photos. Not a big deal if you know what to do . Show the pictures if you order the cable , I had it shipped 3 times to get it right. http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...0&d=1345299747
Old 05-09-2013, 08:01 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iggy View Post
FYI that was unplugging the directional valve witht he black and white wire.
Not sure if it located on the back of the pump but I will check next time I see my MH.
Here are a fe pictures.
The directional valve wiring can be seen on the back side of the pump manifold. Look in the back ground just barely make out the black and white.
Old 05-09-2013, 08:48 PM   #11
Phat Phrog Stunt Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by VinceU View Post
You have just begun the battle! The underlying cause of the reverse valve problem is well covered by this Post-mine. I went through it a year ago, pulling the direction valve connector every time I needed to bring up jacks or slides. It was scary. Please read this article in Word from the Georgetown section. Very detailed with photos. Not a big deal if you know what to do . Show the pictures if you order the cable , I had it shipped 3 times to get it right. http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...0&d=1345299747
Thanks Vince, read your document. Filed it away under repairs. Just curious, you listed the correct PN for a slide and jack cable, do you still have the number for just the jacks cable? If not I'll work it though Lippert.
awwall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 09:08 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by awwall View Post
Thanks Vince, read your document. Filed it away under repairs. Just curious, you listed the correct PN for a slide and jack cable, do you still have the number for just the jacks cable? If not I'll work it though Lippert.
Believe they are intertwined to utilize the reversing valve for all 7 functions, don't think they can be installed separately. I think it was only $141 although I had it under warranty and don't remember for certain. It was no more that that.
Old 05-10-2013, 12:10 AM   #13
Phat Phrog Stunt Crew

Quote:
Believe they are intertwined to utilize the reversing valve for all 7 functions, don't think they can be installed separately. I think it was only $141 although I had it under warranty and don't remember for certain. It was no more that that.

Thanks Vince
awwall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 03:01 AM   #14

2012 378 slides

howdy: backed motor home out of shop to have room, and started generator and ran all slides out and left them out and turned generator off, and started V10 motor and ran all jacks down Manuel and all worked good left them for 4 hours. Came out later turned control panel back on with motor running and retracted all jacks good. Shut motor off. Started generator and ran all slides back in, waited a few minutes and ran them back out all worked good, and in. Pete
Old 05-13-2013, 08:11 AM   #15

Quote:
howdy: backed motor home out of shop to have room, and started generator and ran all slides out and left them out and turned generator off, and started V10 motor and ran all jacks down Manuel and all worked good left them for 4 hours. Came out later turned control panel back on with motor running and retracted all jacks good. Shut motor off. Started generator and ran all slides back in, waited a few minutes and ran them back out all worked good, and in. Pete

Are you saying it was low battery voltage that caused the problem?
Iggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 07:04 PM   #16

2012 378ts main slide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iggy View Post
Are you saying it was low battery voltage that caused the problem?
no I had it plugged into shore power. Steve at forest river said these pumps do this some times. He said all you got to do is reset by pulling black and white wire, not sure if I believe all of that yet. Time will tell. thanks. Pete
Old 05-13-2013, 08:48 PM   #17

Quote:
no I had it plugged into shore power. Steve at forest river said these pumps do this some times. He said all you got to do is reset by pulling black and white wire, not sure if I believe all of that yet. Time will tell. thanks. Pete
Pete not sure I buy that either. When mine failed the solenoid for the reversing valve was always energized. The only way to get the hyd pump to reverse flow was to remove the harness (Black/white) connector.When I got the cable changed, I kept the original one and literally dissected it. I found the electronics in the cable assembly, pictured in my report you have, had failed so the reversing valve was always energized. Yours hasn't failed yet and mine reverted back to normal ops a few times then quit completely.
Mine wasn't a mechanical, more like electronic problem. On or off, nothing to reset!
Old 05-13-2013, 10:37 PM   #18

2012 378ts main slide

Quote:
Pete not sure I buy that either. When mine failed the solenoid for the reversing valve was always energized. The only way to get the hyd pump to reverse flow was to remove the harness (Black/white) connector.When I got the cable changed, I kept the original one and literally dissected it. I found the electronics in the cable assembly, pictured in my report you have, had failed so the reversing valve was always energized. Yours hasn't failed yet and mine reverted back to normal ops a few times then quit completely.
Mine wasn't a mechanical, more like electronic problem. On or off, nothing to reset!
I agree with you on reversing valve being bad, and new cable. I will watch this real close and see what happens. We are leaving next week for 12 days,at least I know I can get slides to come in now. These pumps are to temperamental I think. Or they are just junk. I worked for Boeing for 35 years and I know Boeing would not of put up with this kind of product?? thanks a lot for info. Pete