Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-28-2011, 07:19 PM   #1

2012 378ts satellite

howdy. i have a portable satelite and is there a hook up outside. the brochure says cable tv and phone jack.my 5th wheel had satelite,cable,and phone.the unit is satelite ready but i want to run a portable one for now.will i have to run cables,and if i do i will ask dealer to do also.these units should come this way. may 13 pick up in grass valley California. thanks pete aultom
petey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 07:57 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by petey View Post
howdy. i have a portable satelite and is there a hook up outside. the brochure says cable tv and phone jack.my 5th wheel had satelite,cable,and phone.the unit is satelite ready but i want to run a portable one for now.will i have to run cables,and if i do i will ask dealer to do also.these units should come this way. may 13 pick up in grass valley California. thanks pete aultom
Your hook up for your portable satellite is located in the compartment with your 50 Amp chord (same as for cable). The cable is already there and the other end is located on the passenger side overhead cabinet. It should be connected to a white amplifer (turn off when using cable). use a short cable from there to your receiver. In the output of the Satellite receiver connect it to a cable leading to your TV. When you install a permanent antenna, your cable is already in the ceiling leading to the same area as the amplifer. This is how our 2008 378 is hooked up. We have a permanent Satellite dish on top and bypass the amp going to the receiver. We only use the amp when drawing local stations with the UHF antenna mounted on the roof.

Ken and Velda
Dahlgren, VA.
2008 Georgetown XL 378
2010 Ford Escape Limited
kvtaylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 01:54 PM   #3

2012 378ts satelite

thanks this will help.i couldnt get the quick reply to work.i hope gete it. pete aultom
Old 12-07-2011, 10:32 AM   #4

We just purchased our 2008 378TS and when we hooked up to cable as we were traveling to Florida it was very blurry and we couldn't watch it. When we reached Florida we hooked up to cable and they could not make it work they had to slip a cable in next to the slider and run it directly to the hd box and the TV. Any ideas or suggestions.
krischouinard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 12:57 PM   #5
CLASS "A" Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by krischouinard View Post
We just purchased our 2008 378TS and when we hooked up to cable as we were traveling to Florida it was very blurry and we couldn't watch it. When we reached Florida we hooked up to cable and they could not make it work they had to slip a cable in next to the slider and run it directly to the hd box and the TV. Any ideas or suggestions.
First make sure all of the connections are secure. It could be something as simple as tightening the cable ends to the TV or Receiver. Then again you may have a screw that has shorted the cable.
We had the coaxial cables from the rear TV and the Park Cable connection both broke between the rear and the front selector box. I had it back to the dealer under warranty in 2007 and after 10 weeks it still wasn't fixed. I ran the cables myself under the coach and back up and it's worked fine.

2007 Georgetown 370TS
aka - RAYNMKR

Driver: Charlie
Navigator: Sheri
cfsoistman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 09:17 PM   #6

satelite

Quote:
Originally Posted by krischouinard View Post

it sounds a little strange.i think your cable is damaged some where along the line.we use a portable right now,will be getting one on top soon.sorry i couldnt help pete aultom
Old 12-08-2011, 03:13 AM   #7

When you hook to cable be sure to turn off the antenna amplifier.
Old 12-08-2011, 11:14 PM   #8

cable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebel702 View Post
i dont have one of these in georgetown.but trace cable to see whats wrong?
Old 12-10-2011, 03:48 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebel702 View Post
Quote:
I think Rebel702 means this.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Winegard-RV-7032-Power-Receptacle-Brown-Camper-Trailer-/320793879524?pt=Motors_RV_Trailer_Camper_Parts_Acc essories&vxp=mtr&hash=item4ab0ce23e4

The coax cable from your TV should be attached to it.
Turn the power off by pushing the little button. It should have a green light.

ab
Old 12-10-2011, 07:07 PM   #10

Send a message via MSN to nemo45 Send a message via Yahoo to nemo45
Quote:
You sure do. Its in the cabinet on the right front behind the surround sound. If the the green or red light is on the booster is on. Make sure that the switch on the selection box is set to cable if you want to use the cable inlet in the back where the power cord is.
nemo45 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
378ts, 2012, satellite