Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-04-2013, 10:45 PM   #1

2012 378ts slides

I have been having problems with main slide and right slide, Steve at forest river last week said unplug black and white wire and run slides in and this works, but just like vinceu said your battle has just begun.so we went on vacation for 15 days and I had to unplug the black and white every time.so when I got home I called lippert and talked to Gary, he said there is a small circuit board in the harness it is a timer, he told me to take the red hot wire off of solenoid wait 10 minutes and then reattach so I did. All slides worked perfect, I wanted to order a new harness but he said if this works you will be ok. why don't they put circuit board some place else only makes since. He said there is only one harness for this coach part number is 162987. so I left coach outside all day and ran slides 4 times a piece worked perfect.so we are going on another trip next week for 18 days this will be a good test because we will move 3 times. Pete
petey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 07:50 AM   #2

I think that part number is the whole wiring harness which includes a small circuit board. VinceU had the same problem which maay have been caused by low battery voltage.

My earlier post I said I never use hydralic system without being plugged into shore power or on generator first. Low battery voltage is a killer to electronics. Low voltage = higher amperage than normal that will destroy the motor quicker as well as the electronics.

Can you look at these 3 pictures from my 2012 378TS and verifiy which 2 wire you first unplugged when the slides didn't come in and the wires this time that didn 't come in.

This time the black and white wire you talked about. Is it off the reversing relay? Picture 3

Just need you to identify so if this happens to me I know what to do.
Thanks
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Motorhome May31_2013 016.jpg
Views:	109
Size:	60.6 KB
ID:	32233   Click image for larger version

Name:	Motorhome May31_2013 015.jpg
Views:	115
Size:	58.6 KB
ID:	32234   Click image for larger version

Name:	revering relay.jpg
Views:	113
Size:	46.8 KB
ID:	32241  
Iggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 12:22 AM   #3

2012 378ts slide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iggy View Post
I think that part number is the whole wiring harness which includes a small circuit board. VinceU had the same problem which maay have been caused by low battery voltage.

My earlier post I said I never use hydralic system without being plugged into shore power or on generator first. Low battery voltage is a killer to electronics. Low voltage = higher amperage than normal that will destroy the motor quicker as well as the electronics.

Can you look at these 3 pictures from my 2012 378TS and verifiy which 2 wire you first unplugged when the slides didn't come in and the wires this time that didn 't come in.

This time the black and white wire you talked about. Is it off the reversing relay? Picture 3

Just need you to identify so if this happens to me I know what to do.
Thanks
your pictures are great but the black and white wire I un plugged was on the main motor towards rear of coach on main motor pump you just got to look for it, our coaches are the same. The second fix was the hot wire I took off was from solenoid red wire to reset the timer on circuit board. hopefully this helps. Wish you were closer so I could show you. Pete
Old 06-06-2013, 07:54 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by petey View Post
your pictures are great but the black and white wire I un plugged was on the main motor towards rear of coach on main motor pump you just got to look for it, our coaches are the same. The second fix was the hot wire I took off was from solenoid red wire to reset the timer on circuit board. hopefully this helps. Wish you were closer so I could show you. Pete
Is this the white wire location?
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	white.jpg
Views:	129
Size:	47.7 KB
ID:	32394  
Old 06-07-2013, 12:39 AM   #5

Quote:
Is this the white wire location?
the arrow points to a white and black wire but look to the right about 3 to 4 inches bottom side of motor in your picture and you will see a white wire follow it up to a push down and pull off connector, you are real close to it.kinda up on back side of motor. Pete
Old 06-07-2013, 08:16 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by petey View Post
the arrow points to a white and black wire but look to the right about 3 to 4 inches bottom side of motor in your picture and you will see a white wire follow it up to a push down and pull off connector, you are real close to it.kinda up on back side of motor. Pete
Is this what you are talking about?
I actually have never looked at this one that close.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Capture.jpg
Views:	113
Size:	48.6 KB
ID:	32491  
Old 06-08-2013, 12:18 AM   #7

Quote:
Is this what you are talking about?
I actually have never looked at this one that close.
yes that looks like it, but the picture looks like its on its side. Steve told me there is only one white and black wire to unplug. I think your in the right area, when Steve walked me threw it I had to look also. Pete
Old 06-24-2013, 11:48 PM   #8

2012 378ts slides

forgot to get back to you guys about problem with slides on 378ts,so at first I pulled black and white wire for slide problem worked ok.then I called lippert and talked to Gary and he said take red hot wire off solenoid for 10 minutes so I did and all worked good.so we went on dry camping trip for 12 days and when it was time to bring all slides in started generator and all slides came in as normal, aim not saying I got it fixed but it worked perfect. Gary said this is a reset for circuit board on harness that is a timer. Pete
Old 06-28-2013, 02:13 PM   #9

So where is the red timer wire we all want to know?

Thanks
intercept is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 12:15 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by intercept View Post
So where is the red timer wire we all want to know?

Thanks
ok the red wire that i took off was the hot wire that went to solenoid to reset timer. The timer is built in to the harness that supplies all solenoids. The red hot wire was on the end of a solenoid that looks like one you would see on an old ford truck you cant miss it.this was only a reset and it worked for me so far.hopefully this helps. Pete