Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-15-2013, 02:13 PM   #1

2012 Georgetown 351 DS

Hello everyone! I have been lurking around the forest river forums for a couple years now, while I have been shopping for a new motorhome, and I have to say that all the information and input on this site was one of the reasons I picked georgtown. We picked up our new unit this weekend and spent the night in it. (-2c and snowing like a bugger) pretty happy with the way it held the heat. (coming from a 45' Inferno Toy hauler that we would burn 6olbs of propane in a week of camping at that temp). But I do have a few issues that I need to get fixed at the dealer and a couple I have to deal with my self.
Dealer issues
-Microwave is falling from the mounting.
-Both Bunk TV's came on and worked for about 15min then the screens went black but there was still volume
-The window was broke when we picked it up so they have to deal with that still.

My Issues (Any suggestions would be great)
-Installing a DVD player for the TV in the bedroom
-Installing some kind of surrond sound for the unit
-Installing Solar Panels on the roof.
-The Free handling fix
-Take it to a ford dealer and get a allignment

Any way sorry for draging this out but would love some input and what other changes are must haves

Thanks
tfitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 05:59 PM   #2
CLASS "A" Senior Member

to the forums and congrats on your Georgetown purchase. Since you're planning to get the front end checked and aligned why not see what they would charge to do the cheap handling fix since they'll be looking at the front end anyway. Just a suggestion. I'm sure other 351 owners will have a few ideas about the DVD and sound surround for you. Enjoy your coach, Be safe and

2007 Georgetown 370TS
aka - RAYNMKR

Driver: Charlie
Navigator: Sheri
cfsoistman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 08:36 PM   #3

Welcome to the forum and congrats on your Georgetown351DS.
Wiscampsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 09:08 PM   #4

Congrats on your new GT!
I am also planning to put a DVD player in the bedroom, haven't done anything yet so let me know what you end up with.
I am planning to rig up a speaker in the cab and a switch so I can hear the radio driving down the road without blasting the kids in the back.

When I had my alignment, I asked about the cheap handling fix. They had some excuses and just really didn't want to do it for some reason, so I will have to do it myself.
Networx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 10:25 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Networx View Post
Congrats on your new GT!
I am also planning to put a DVD player in the bedroom, haven't done anything yet so let me know what you end up with.
I am planning to rig up a speaker in the cab and a switch so I can hear the radio driving down the road without blasting the kids in the back.

When I had my alignment, I asked about the cheap handling fix. They had some excuses and just really didn't want to do it for some reason, so I will have to do it myself.
Thanks everyone for the reply's! I spent a couple hours out side tonight playing with the new toy, and here are a couple observations. For the DVD player in the rear it looks like it would be pretty easy to install a little shelf I will snap a pick when I get it complete. One pet peave I have always had with RV's is the ability for pesky little mice to get in, so I always spend a fair bit of time when I first get a RV trying to mice proof it. The GT looks like it is fairly well protected from Mice, I found a couple little holes up in the engine compartment that I filled with silicone. I also noticed that the furnace duct goes under the basement and through the wheel well, that to me seems like a accident waiting to happen, so I am going to come up with something for that. Have you guys seen any areas that would be problomatic for mice ??
Also what is the Cheap Handling fix ??

Thanks
tfitz is offline   Reply With Quote