Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-12-2014, 03:10 PM   #1

2013 Georgetown XL seat falling apart

My curiosity is peaking about the drive's seat on my 2013 Forest River Georgetown XL. The beading on the seat is shedding its leather look. I don't know how to describe it better, but its obviously poor quality due to the fact that I only have a little more than 6,000 miles on the rig and its treated very gently. Does anyone else have problems with the leather driver's seat or any other leather product in their motor home? This along with the orange hoses for the slides and jacks make me wonder if I made a mistake in buying a Forest River product.
Bubbamace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2014, 04:07 PM   #2

Yes I've heard of it, I think Iggy got them to replace under warranty . Make no mistake, the leather is not genuine, you need to handle carefully or use cover ups.

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
VinceU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2014, 04:22 PM   #3

Thanks, VinceU. How long is the warranty on the seats. Ant idea?
Old 10-12-2014, 05:25 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubbamace View Post
I believe its a year, with the 15s out youre late. But I remember he used good documention and they did it on a goodwill mission. Good hunting!
VinceU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2014, 06:54 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubbamace View Post
I really would contact Forest River ASAP with pictures stop the warranty clock from ticking.

If you look under the seat you will find a piece of paper between the foam and springs in the seal. This is the manufacturers information and seat design.
I contacted manuf. directly with my motorhome year and vin number.
I also sent them some pictures. They sent me a new seat cover.

If I had to do it all over again I would let the dealer contact Forest River and get it replace under warranty and have an expert install.

I have not installed mine yet and saving it until it really gets bad or before I sell the rig.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Drivers_Seat_01_SM.jpg
Views:	208
Size:	185.6 KB
ID:	64637   Click image for larger version

Name:	Drivers_Seat_03_SM.jpg
Views:	403
Size:	170.2 KB
ID:	64638  
Iggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2014, 09:19 PM   #6

Thanks, Iggy for your advice. I will do exactly what you have said. Mine looks remarkably similar except the problem is on the bottom cushion. Its a shame that this has happened so quickly. I don't believe I have sat on that cushion more than 20-25 times. Am I not supposed to drive this thing. I believe I really made a mistake when I went from my 23' Weekend Warrior to this thing. I never had to worry about the Warrior. This motor home I am constantly babying.
Old 10-14-2014, 06:44 PM   #7

On my seats the finish was peeling off. I bought a set of the new seat covers that Camping world is now selling and they are looking a lot better.I also had to replace my euro chair which looked like it went through a war. A 129 dollar Wafair ottoman chair took care of that. As far as my couch goes when I first purchased my rig it was supposed to be equipped with a sleeper couch with a matress not a blowup baloon. Lazydays replaced it with a flexsteel ultraleather couch. That covers the georgetown furniture. Other than that it's been a great coach.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	P1000546.jpg
Views:	199
Size:	375.1 KB
ID:	64753  
johnnypal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2014, 07:13 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnypal View Post
On my seats the finish was peeling off. I bought a set of the new seat covers that Camping world is now selling and they are looking a lot better.I also had to replace my euro chair which looked like it went through a war. A 129 dollar Wafair ottoman chair took care of that. As far as my couch goes when I first purchased my rig it was supposed to be equipped with a sleeper couch with a matress not a blowup baloon. Lazydays replaced it with a flexsteel ultraleather couch. That covers the georgetown furniture. Other than that it's been a great coach.
New seat covers for the captain chairs from Camping World.
Any pictures of them or the part number you bought.
May be a solution for many of us.
Old 10-16-2014, 03:17 PM   #9

Iggy, The new seat covers that CW is now selling on line are good. The ones they have in the retail stores are not. I paid about 75 dollars for the set including shipping. They are a nice light bone color . I can't give you a picture as the coach is in my storage.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	P1000571.jpg
Views:	201
Size:	496.7 KB
ID:	64855  
Old 10-16-2014, 03:32 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnypal View Post
Iggy, The new seat covers that CW is now selling on line are good. The ones they have in the retail stores are not. I paid about 75 dollars for the set including shipping. They are a nice light bone color . I can't give you a picture as the coach is in my storage.

Are these the ones you bought from Camping World?
RV Seat Covers with Armrest Covers, 2 Pack - RV Designer C791 - Accessory Covers - Camping World
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Capture.JPG
Views:	340
Size:	63.3 KB
ID:	64857  
Old 10-16-2014, 05:27 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iggy View Post
Wow, those actually look nice. I'll have to look into those after I get this problem worked out with my chairs.
Old 10-17-2014, 03:39 PM   #12

Those are the covers. The armrest covers have elastic straps to hold them in place. I used two sided tape to hold them down better.
Old 10-17-2014, 06:00 PM   #13

They really look like the seats. Excellent.
Old 10-17-2014, 07:14 PM   #14

I had the same issue as iggy did with the front seats and contacted FR and they sent me new covers for both. I'm not gonna have them replaced until they look real bad. FR covered them under goodwill warranty. Those covers from CW don't look too bad may have to try them out.
&
Our Baby Dachshund
Cammie
ramair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2014, 11:07 AM   #15

I have a GTX3600 Georgetown, purchased new,1700 miles, after the first 100 miles, the seats had to be replaced, and the couch cushions at the factory . 3250 miles on the rig at that time.
After 2years and 20,000 miles the Captain Chairs were falling apart. Contacted factory but they tried to sell me covers for $250. After numerous emails they finally agreed to give me the covers but wouldn't assure me they would hold up any better than the old ones. Price quoted locally was $650 each to recover with auto grade covers. I need to look at Camping World covers.
Flnomad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2014, 07:27 PM   #16

Unfortunately, FR won't even respond to my email. I have decided to buy a Camping World seat cover for now and when I save more money, I will take the seat into a upholsterer I know and have him repair it properly. I didn't realize FR coaches used so many inferior products. Next time, I will do a better job at researching companies. Hope to buy my first diesel pusher next time.
Old 11-13-2014, 01:11 PM   #17

Thanks guys for the suggestion and link. Look good, on sale, know what I'm doing when I get home!
Kia Sportage on MasterTow Dolly
sherman12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2014, 01:42 PM   #18

I just placed my order also. Thanks a lot for the link and also got them on sale. I really like shopping a Camping World in person or on the internet. So Easy and everything I have bought from them seems to be good quality.
Old 11-16-2014, 10:29 AM   #19

Same problem, real cheap seats, we also bought the seat covers at CW, they are great. I'm beginning to think that Georgetown motto is "mind over matter" that means GT doesn't mind the customer doesn't matter
tetsurvivor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2014, 11:39 AM   #20

Tetsurvivor, did you have to replace the seat covers? We're they that bad or just starting to fall apart? My GW is a 2013 with 6000 miles on it and really light use. You would think that the seats would last longer than that. I bought a new Honda in 2013 and it has 14000 miles on it and the seats look new. Just poor, poor quality.

Tags
2013, georgetown