Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-14-2014, 08:12 AM   #21

The factory reset is on page 19.
Old 01-14-2014, 10:42 AM   #22

Thanks for all your help, but the radio portion is dead - I'll just get the whole thing replaced thru warranty
Sbryant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 11:11 PM   #23
KG4LIFE

Hi i have a 329 qs i purchased back in September, i had some of the same questions and issues in particular the TV issue i removed the Tv and found that the av cable that was plugged into the back of the tv was damaged, so i will be taking it in to get it fixed...hope this helped...
G2smove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 01:16 PM   #24

There is a setting on the tv for changing the video input. You have to change the setting from component ( 3 video wires) to the single video wire. That's why it is fuzzy it's only receiving 1/3 of the signal. Our 351 was like that before changing that.
spdkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 10:05 PM   #25

UPDATE
Had my new best friend (authorized FR traveling repair tech) pull the frig today. The frig sure does not look like it ever has run (even though dealer states it was run a couple times while sitting on lot). Frigidaire tech then showed and found the control board is bad. Interestingly the control board is located behind the front left door display so pulling frig is not required. New board due next week. Replacement microwave also showed today so that will go in next week. The thought is these failures were caused by possibly plugged in to bad power stand at one point just before delivery. Hard wired surge protector is next to be installed.

Couple other updates:
LED over driver seats is turned on by console dimmer
DVD for bunks only reads discs with shiny sides towards bunks
Main cabin tv setup did need to be changed for input from DVD player
Looks like my front windshield is going to need to be pulled so seal can be reset (seal starting to move on side by driver as paint edge is visible)

Thanks all for replies and feedback.. Will update once back up.
FL family is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 09:18 AM   #26

Did you witness the tech removing your fridge? Would like to know how?
Old 01-17-2014, 01:16 PM   #27

Yes- was in coach actually assisting with removal. I understand for the 2014 model the frig is up about 6 inches vs level with floor. The key with that arrangement is to build a frame to roll frig out on. 2 screws in the bottom frame are about all holding it in place. The right side door and bottom pull out freezer door needed to be removed. The frig is on rollers just as home version. Careful of wires for right side door when removing. The frame has a piece of carpet under it to assist in sliding it. There is a top bracket installed by factory that we thought needed to be removed but it is there only as a brace. All water lines and power had slack and actually for service inspection did not need to be removed. The engineers give you only what is needed to move the frig out. A pool noodle or tape helps prevent mouldings. Hope this helps.

I will get some pics during reinstall.
Old 01-17-2014, 11:49 PM   #28

Bummer that you pulled the fridge. We had an issue with ours in the fall and the Frigidaire tech stressed that in most cases the fridge does not need to be pulled for a repair. A compressor failing would be different but for most things they can access from the front
Buck & Patsy, the boston-mix guard dogs
43D18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2014, 08:22 AM   #29

Thanks for posting on the removal procedure. Good to know for future reference.
Old 01-25-2014, 04:25 PM   #30

For the driver and passenger seats- are they designed to be turned around when parked? Tried various combinations for driver but seems the steering wheel just will not allow it to be turned to face living area. I have the eurocliner but it appears that can move and allow passenger seat to swivel towards living area.

On another somewhat odd note I do not have a toilet paper holder right now- has anyone found a good way to mount a toilet paper holder next to head?

Thanks.
Old 01-25-2014, 05:32 PM   #31

To turn my driver's chair around on my 360, I take the right front and the two rear bolts off after setting up. Then, I twist the rear of the chair towards the center of the mh a couple of inches. Then I release the rotation lever, push the seat back forward, and rotate the chair all the way around.
When we get ready to de-camp, I turn the chair back around, align the holes, and put the nuts and bolts back in.
We did away with the euro chair, just always in the way.
Sbryant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2014, 05:55 PM   #32

The drivers seat in the 351's will rotate without removing anything. Not sure exactly how as DW takes care of setting up the inside when we park. I do remember seeing a thread that has the step by step procedure.
Hopefully someone can repost it for you

Charleston SC
1 Boston Terrier, 1 Frenchie, Two Siamese
Gonna miss you Toby, Sage, and Izzie. RIP
cjd10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2014, 06:25 PM   #33

This question comes up a lot. When I asked the same question someone posted the procedure and it worked like a champ for me. Maybe it should be made into a sticky.
Old 01-26-2014, 08:05 AM   #34

Found it, this is what I had copied for DW;

-Put the steering wheel all the way up
-Move the driver seat as far forward and as low as it will go (get out of the seat first or you'll be stuck! )
-Tilt the back forward
-Put the left armrest down as far as it will go
-Swivel the seat

Charleston SC
Old 02-26-2014, 06:48 AM   #35

Short update:

Frig ended up being the inverter board (mounted on compressor)

Microwave was replaced and so far so good

Used rig twice now for short trips and all going well till generator stopped putting out voltage 2 days ago. All the simple items checked. Runs fine just no output. Service appt set for Friday.

Deep breaths.
Old 02-26-2014, 07:28 AM   #36

Remove the front cover of the generator and reset the two circuit breakers.
Old 02-26-2014, 07:31 AM   #37

Oh, and that stuff probably fried because of a spike from shore power. I'm trying to talk myself into getting one of these:

Surge Protector Power Monitor Hardwire Type 50A 240V EMS LCHW50 C | eBay
Old 03-12-2014, 09:41 PM   #38

Latest update:

Generator problem ended up being the transfer switch- warranty solved that with new Progressive xfer switch. Tech said he has replaced 4 of the original style switches. Comment on the generator I learned from Cummins - if it runs then typically something else and not generator related.

Enjoyed our first 5 day venture with the RV with no real issues. We did get home though and found water coming from the bottom part of the Frigidaire gallery frig. Anyone have any ideas on drainage issue for these frig's? We found some water on the floor before we shut it off and thought someone spilled some but by time we got home there was more on the floor. Can see the defrost pan and there was some water in it but not enough to spill out.

As another note I did have low output from the ice maker and made a call to Frigidaire (from campground) and was told I needed the "carbon" filter as was experiencing low flow between FR 1 water filter and the built in frigidaire filter. Will see if the $45 carbon filter solves that issue.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByForest River Forums1394677472.560527.jpg
Views:	97
Size:	51.1 KB
ID:	47612  
Old 03-14-2014, 04:23 PM   #39

Don't know why you would need a special filter for the ice maker. Ours works fine on whatever stock ones came with it. I do know the first few batches of ice were small but manual said that is normal. Just wondering if a leak in the supply line to the ice maker is causing both problems

Charleston SC
Old 03-14-2014, 05:01 PM   #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjd10 View Post
Don't know why you would need a special filter for the ice maker. Ours works fine on whatever stock ones came with it. I do know the first few batches of ice were small but manual said that is normal. Just wondering if a leak in the supply line to the ice maker is causing both problems
I think he meant the water filter for both ice maker and water dispenser. It appears that Frigidaire told him that the filter could be clogged and causing the problem. I doubt the filter is bad though. Like you said, it cold be a leak or a kinked hose.

You can disconnect the line from the shut off valve and apply around 15 - 20 psi to see if it comes out effortlessly from the water dispenser. You can also do the same to the water filter to see if it's clogged up.