Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-21-2019, 09:34 PM   #1

2016 Georgetown 31b gt3 stepes

dose anyone know how to make the steps stay in?
Here in Colorado the curbs are high and the streets slop bad to the curbs.

I got my triple 24 3step p# 90250900 steps jammed agenst the curb. Could no retract them, had to set the jacks down and almost ripped the steps off.

there is a on/off switch, it just works to keep the steps out. But I need to keep them in.

thanks
Old 08-21-2019, 10:45 PM   #2

You could cheat and keep a magnet at the contact point instead of letting the screen door magnet do it. That said I put the jacks down on manual and just lift up the curb side of the coach enough so the stairs clear the curb.
EricNJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2019, 10:59 AM   #3

newer system were built so to deploy because so dum people forgot to and got hurt. So you may need to find hot wire and put a switch to turn off power in you case. Mine comes out hits what ever and just stops I find no problem with that it has a safety in switch for this and won't hurt the steps.
cfo111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2019, 06:57 PM   #4

You will have to defeat the door magnetic switch (supplies ground to the step controller when door is closed) or the main step power. The door switch can be defeated (as said) with a magnet attached to it or a toggle/rocker etc. type switch installed bypassing the magnetic switch that supplies a ground to the step controller (simulating the door is closed). Or, as mentioned, installing a switch in the power lead coming off the coach battery to open that input. There are no switches associated with the extending and retracting stops. That is controlled by current limiting. When the current draw gets to a preset value (steps are at maximum extension/retraction/or hit something and current draw is at that preset value) the steps will shut down.
bubbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2019, 01:34 PM   #5

The previous owner of my 2012 has magnets by the door. When needed just put them up against the magnetic switch.

Better to have a bad day of camping than a good day at work!
Dodge Guy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
georgetown