Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-02-2018, 10:11 AM   #1

2016 georgetown GT3 30x3 Real manual?

We bought a 2016 Georgetown GT3 and it did not come with ANY manuals. I have been able to download many appliance manuals, radio etc but I cannot find an actual manual for my specific coach. The basic Forrest River manual is very vague. Does Ford provide a manual for the ford built equipment? I can't find how to manually operate the slides. Where the fresh water drain valve is etc. I did find the low point water drain ,passenger side next to the water heater compartment, and I can drain it there by unscrewing the cap, but someone said there should be a valve behind the passenger rear wheels..
I am sure FR makes a manual specific to my coach...No?
Also, we bought it "used" with 3000 miles on it ( 2500 miles from driving it out to Grass Valley Ca) The salesman told us that someone bought it and returned it the next week... Coincidentally, a friend of ours also bought a Georgetown from this dealer with the same story...someone bought it and returned it...Is something strange here? Thx Jim the Cadillac man
50scadillac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2018, 11:00 AM   #2

Welcome.

Nope. Their is No Real Forest River manual.
But look on the bright side you have lots of Georgetown owners here to help with any questions yo may have.

Mileage
Also it had to be driven from Elkhart Indiana where it was made to California.
Iggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2018, 11:38 AM   #3

2016 GT3

Ok thx. I realized it is about a 2500 mile trip, so it had about 500 miles on it when I bought it.
Old 07-02-2018, 12:15 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by 50scadillac View Post
Ok thx. I realized it is about a 2500 mile trip, so it had about 500 miles on it when I bought it.
That sounds reasonable. Dealers also drive them to RV shows trying to sell so it still in the same ballpark.
Iggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2018, 07:05 PM   #5
Seasoned Camper-MH newbie

There is an iPhone app for the coach - pretty general - not sure if that helps.

Ford has a .pdf version of the manual for the F-53 chassis as well.

Forest River RV Owner Digital Kit by Tweddle Group Technologieshttps://itunes.apple.com/us/app/forest-river-rv-owner-digital-kit/id909910087?mt=8
Old 07-03-2018, 07:17 PM   #6
Kanadian Kamper

Like Iggy says.....there’s lots of us Georgetown owners here to help.

Sometimes it’s best if you tell us the year make and model for specifics. Georgetown models share some operations and sometimes you need another exact year and model to know your answer.

Low point drains should be found together somewhere underneath your rig. The drain for the fresh water tank may also be there or certainly near the fresh tank itself along with the overflow hose.....much larger diameter.

You really do need to get UNDERNEATH to have good look at things.

Ken and Terry
2018 Sunseeker 2430S-CD, nicely modified and carried by a 2017 Ford E450 Sport
Former Georgetown 330TS owner for 10 years with more mods than I can count, pushed by our 2017 GMC Terrain
kenandterry is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2018, 11:22 AM   #7

owners nanual

Thx all, I am learning a lot on the forum.
Old 07-04-2018, 12:21 PM   #8

When we got our Coachman 248RBS TT, I told my wife that Coachman needed to redo the manual. I found a paragraph that was relevant and useful.

Frank
FrankMor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2018, 01:18 PM   #9

manual

Is the F-53 ford manual the one with the V-10 motor?
Old 07-04-2018, 01:39 PM   #10

Download the F53 manuals from Ford. There are several different ones. The owns manual, warrantee manual, roadside manual, etc.

Download the manuals from the manufacturer of the individual items, ie: fridge, range, water heater, etc.

FR has VERY generic manuals for MH, DP, TT/5th wheel, and other categories. You can download an app that links to this info. The info is not very good.

Frank
FrankMor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2018, 11:38 AM   #11

Look on Forest River's website, you'll find a manual, but it won't have one Ford.
Ready2camp is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
georgetown, manual