Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-13-2018, 03:11 PM   #41

Ford motorhome division

Quote:
Originally Posted by bclinton View Post
What number for ford did you contact them at. I took my MH to the dealer in April and included vibration as an issue. Went to pick it up 3 weeks later. The dealer told me they contacted the local Ford dealer and were told that they cant balance MH tires and basically left it up to me to contact Ford. I took it to a local truck shop and paid for balancing out of pocket. It got a little better but still vibrates. Would be great to have someone besides me take ownership of the problem.
The phone number for ford mh is
800-444-3311
jray378 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2018, 10:12 AM   #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by jray378 View Post
The phone number for ford mh is
800-444-3311
Thank you! I called them and the nearest Ford dealer that can look at is 130 miles south in MS. The ford rep did say that I can find a local private shop and if they get approval ford will pay for it. I found a Goodyear truck shop local that said I could bring it by. Will take it by there next week....fingers crossed.
Old 11-11-2018, 07:11 PM   #43

Looking for someone who might have a issue with the large driver side slide when pulled all the way it it made a loud bang
drick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2019, 10:53 AM   #44

TO bclinton:
Hey how is it going did you take care of the vibration issue I took my mh back to the dealer for other issues and told them to take care of the vibration issue with there contacts because I am tired of driving far to ford dealers and telling me they can't find the problem it is characteristic of this type of vehicle . I had this motor home more in the dealer than in my company for the past year took delivery in november 2017.
jray378 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2019, 11:06 AM   #45

Quote:
Originally Posted by jray378 View Post
TO bclinton:
Hey how is it going did you take care of the vibration issue I took my mh back to the dealer for other issues and told them to take care of the vibration issue with there contacts because I am tired of driving far to ford dealers and telling me they can't find the problem it is characteristic of this type of vehicle . I had this motor home more in the dealer than in my company for the past year took delivery in november 2017.
I am just living with it for now. I talked to Ford and they said I can take it to a local shop BUT before they will cover it I have to be in the parking lot and have the shop call Ford to get approval ahead of time. They said the approval is not immediate and may take a while. So basically I drive the motorhome across town....ask the shop to spend their time on the phone with ford....drive the MH back home and wait for ford to say yes or no to fix it. I am guessing my problem is with the tires out of round. One of these days I will take it myself and just pay out of pocket to have a tire shop check them out.

My vibration really kicks in about 62 MPH. I will just try and keep it below that for now..
Old 02-01-2019, 12:06 PM   #46
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Has anyone tried to replicate the vibration at a certain rpm? Pull down into lower gear and hold at rpm to see if vibration is rpm of motor related.
AquaMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2019, 04:18 PM   #47
dfp

Another person that I have had positive response from is Celestino Lopez at 574 206 7628
dfp is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
georgetown