Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-24-2017, 07:20 PM   #1

2017 Georgetown 335DS - How noisy is it?

We are considering one. We presently own a 2016 Thor Ace 29.3 and the engine is very noisy on the highway at 65mph. No other complaints.

So how noisy is Georgetown? Can you enjoy the radio going down the road? Also, how does it handle on the highway?

Any other comments are appreciated.

Thank you in advance.
Bob Montgomery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2017, 07:23 PM   #2

Listen to the radio all the time. Is it noisy...no more than the other F-53 chassis that I had. Handles reasonably and I have no "add-ons" for handling.

We love the layout and have never seen another coach that compares. Very happy with it. Generally it is just to the two of us, but we have taken trips with 4 with no problem.

2015 335DS
ScottBrownstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2017, 09:03 PM   #3

I drove both ACE and Georgetown but did not notice much difference. We've settle on Georgetown and have no issues listening to radio
Narkomed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2017, 09:23 PM   #4

We have a 337, not noisy at all. A little louder when going up hill and kicking in passing gear, but riding along at 65 mph no problem at all.
Jim G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2017, 01:09 PM   #5

Well every gas Class A on the road uses the same engine and chassis...so it is what it is. To your question:
1. I found listening to the radio to be awful..more due to the crappy speakers than the radio. I replaced the speakers and it is much better. There is a thread on the project here somewhere if you search under my name and POLK speakers...you should find it. Easy, cheap fix for the isuue.
2. The chassis on highway flats ate 65MPH is relatively quiet...and the tach reads between 2 and 2.5k ...but when there is a decent grade up that causes the transmission to downshift...it gets noisey. Again...this is a problem with all the class A gassers from every brand since it is all Ford F53chassis and V-10 engine.

We love our Georgetown and listening to our music library and talk radio as we head down the highway.
2019 Vespa Primavera 150's (pair)
camaraderie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2017, 04:32 PM   #6

We have a 2015 GT 329ds, however the radio plays through the home theater speakers, so we hear it very well. As stated by other posters, all gas V-10 are noisy, especially when they down shift going up an incline. That's one of the reasons we are now looking for a larger diesel pusher since we are planning on living in it for 3-6 months at a time.
Days Camped 2017 = 56
Days Camped 2018 = 74
MSB68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2017, 08:55 PM   #7

F53 Engine noise

Hello; I also found my 2015 GT 378 noisy. I installed one layer of double reflective insulation on the underside of the dog house (engine cover inside the cabin) and we have experienced a dramatic improvement on the noise in the cabin when we are driving.
Seabee-MC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2017, 07:55 AM   #8

I have a 2013 G-town and a couple of rallys ago, I had front and rear stabilizers installed at the rally. On the way home, I went from having both hands on the wheel to 1 finger on the wheel.
Ol Poopypants is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
georgetown