Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-25-2022, 11:24 PM   #1

2017 Georgetown 364ts shower issue

Shower water pressure is fine. Problem with hot to cold. Is it best to turn on hellot waterbthen adjust with cold or turn on cold water and adjust with hot to get temp right?
AlKatRVlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2022, 06:00 AM   #2
Kanadian Kamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlKatRVlife View Post
Shower water pressure is fine. Problem with hot to cold. Is it best to turn on hellot waterbthen adjust with cold or turn on cold water and adjust with hot to get temp right?
Unless you enjoy taking a cold shower

I turn the hot water on first full tap, and point the shower head at the back wall so as to not burn yourself. Then add cold water to temp desired.

There’s no hard fast rules. This just works for me.

Ken and Terry
2018 Sunseeker 2430S-CD, nicely modified and carried by a 2017 Ford E450 Sport
Former Georgetown 330TS owner for 10 years with more mods than I can count, pushed by our 2017 GMC Terrain
kenandterry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2022, 08:23 AM   #3

I guess the forum only allows a short time to edit. I meant to say:

Shower water pressure is fine. Problem with hot to cold. Is it best to turn on hot water then adjust with cold or turn on cold water and adjust with hot to get temp right?
Old 09-30-2022, 12:33 PM   #4

I agree with Ken. Turn the hot side all the way on and adjust temp with the cold water.

2020 Chevy Equinox Silver sled
seasure1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2022, 12:36 PM   #5

Thank you for your replies!
Old 09-30-2022, 12:49 PM   #6

How about

Doing what you do at home? I guess I don’t get the hot first then cold or vise versa. Either way you’ll end up exactly at the water temperature you want. Good luck

Jimbo
Jc4ut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2022, 12:51 PM   #7
Pickin', Campin', Mason

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlKatRVlife View Post
I guess the forum only allows a short time to edit. I meant to say:

Shower water pressure is fine. Problem with hot to cold. Is it best to turn on hot water then adjust with cold or turn on cold water and adjust with hot to get temp right?
Depends...
Are you using onboard water that has reached a stable temperature or are you connected to city water where the water hose is is direct sun and the water lines a few inches below the ground (think sunny southern states) or somewhere where the water comes from a cold ground well or supply where the water lines are buried deep in the ground to keep from freezing?

When we lived and camped in FL and the southern states campgrounds, we always ran the cold full blast and tempered with hot. A lot of times you needed very little hot!

Here in PA and the northern states, we must go full blast on the hot and temper with cold.

After filling our fresh tank and after about a day into the camping (where the water in the tank comes to ambient temperature of the R/V) we find the mix is about 50-50.

And finally... what style water heater do you have?
Tankless models need more flow to get decent hot water output.

Days Camped '19=118 '20=116 '21=123 '22=134 '23=118 '24=90
5picker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2022, 01:20 PM   #8

We're currently in Gig Harbor, WA on well water and have an electric/propane 12 g water heater. So I'll start with the hot and temper with cold. Thank you!

Tags
georgetown, show, shower, tow