Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-11-2020, 08:50 PM   #21

DHL - Hopefully Chris can help us out with this issue. Were you able to find your bunk fuse? Here's a link to the thread where I got that info - about halfway down that thread there are pictures inside the battery compartment showing the fuse. Hope this helps!

https://www.forestriverforums.com/fo...wn-211842.html
Dave1957 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2020, 09:32 PM   #22
NXR

Quote:
Originally Posted by DHL1959 View Post
Chris, thanks for taking a look at our problem! I’ll get the last 6 of our VIN and send them to you. But, I don’t know how to send them to you privately.
Click on his username, and a menu will pop up. One is to send a private message.

Ray
Old 08-12-2020, 06:31 AM   #23

Hello, Chris! The last six numbers in our VIN are A14700. We’re having the same problem Dave is. Thanks for your help!
DHL1959 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2020, 07:01 AM   #24

I don’t know if this is significant, but I left our coach plugged in overnight with the a/c units off and the disconnect hasn’t tripped. Each time ours has tripped both units were running.
Old 08-12-2020, 07:13 AM   #25

Hello, Dave! Thanks for sending me to the bunk lift thread. I haven’t had a chance to look at our fuse yet. It was pouring rain when I got home last night. It’s been an unusually hot, wet summer here!
Old 08-12-2020, 01:23 PM   #26
Commercial Member

Dave, DHL-

Got your information. Thank you. We're digging into it right now. If I don't have some ideas by the end of the day today I will by tomorrow. Thank you for bearing with us and I'll be back in contact shortly.

Chris
CMcDonough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2020, 07:10 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by DHL1959 View Post
I don’t know if this is significant, but I left our coach plugged in overnight with the a/c units off and the disconnect hasn’t tripped. Each time ours has tripped both units were running.
On this trip, the ACs were both shut off every time it tripped. I haven't figured out any rhyme or reason for it, and I've been a troubleshooter most of my life. Intermittent problems are the absolute worst, but hopefully they'll get us both fixed up real soon.
Old 08-13-2020, 03:45 PM   #28

As of this morning, the good folks at Forest River have determined what they believe is the cause of our 12v issue, and replacement parts are being shipped to my dealership's service department as we speak. I can't get in until the end of the month for repairs, but having the parts already there should save a lot of time in servicing.

I want to thank Chris and the other folks at Forest River for addressing this issue. It says a lot for the company that their people are browsing these forums to see where they can help. Because this problem has been intermittent, we may not know for a few weeks afterward how well it's working, but I have a feeling this will resolve the problem. I'll be sure to provide updates as soon as we know.

Dave - 2020 Georgetown 36D7
Old 08-24-2020, 08:37 AM   #29

2020 GT7 Battery Disconnect Keeps Tripping

Chris, thanks for monitoring this web site. I also have a Brand New 2020 GT7 that has the same issue. This problem occurred frequently throughout our maiden 5 week voyage in June, July.

I certainly hope all Service Techs follow these Forums as well as Forest River since it seems most have the same issues with their Georgetown's. This issue as others should be put out as a Recall as soon as it is noticed as a problem.

I have seen other common issues on these Forums that Service Techs seem to be unaware of.
Shawn P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2020, 08:48 AM   #30

Forest River Technician says....
"He's never heard of this happening"
This must be the #1 answer he tell ALL Owners that call with a problem.

Iggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2020, 02:30 PM   #31

Iggy, I agree that for some people, the standard answer is "Never heard of that one." But the folks at Georgetown stepped in, and have identified what they believe is causing the problem and, as of today, replacement parts are waiting at the dealer's service department. My service appointment is a week from today, so hopefully I can give you folks a positive update after a few days of camping.
Old 08-24-2020, 04:32 PM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave1957 View Post
Iggy, I agree that for some people, the standard answer is "Never heard of that one." But the folks at Georgetown stepped in, and have identified what they believe is causing the problem and, as of today, replacement parts are waiting at the dealer's service department. My service appointment is a week from today, so hopefully I can give you folks a positive update after a few days of camping.
So what are they replacing?
Did they tell you?
The resettable circuit breaker or the 12 volt solenoid?
Old 08-31-2020, 10:15 AM   #33

Any answers yet?

I have a brand new G7 (one week old). Has anyone gotten the Battery Disconnect issue resolved?
ParishT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2020, 01:38 PM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by ParishT View Post
I have a brand new G7 (one week old). Has anyone gotten the Battery Disconnect issue resolved?
Funny no one has determined what the problem part is.
Anyone tell us what is the part that has been determined the problem.
I'm just curious as others when and if the problem gets corrected or fixed.
Old 09-03-2020, 04:03 PM   #35
Commercial Member

We've been working with Precision Circuits, who is our supplier on the battery control center(bcc), since this thread has picked up steam and seems to be more wide-spread than we were aware. Precision has determined a time range when the bcc's in question would have been built. According to their internal testing they found about a 5% failure rate in those bcc's. Five percent is too much and they agree. We are in the process of putting together a TSB, or Technical Service Bulletin. A TSB is similar to a recall with one very important distinction. A TSB does not involve anything that relates to the possible health and well-being of a consumer using the product. All customers that have units built during the time frame in question and any dealer that may still have one of those units in stock will receive a notice. Customers will be able to take their coach to an authorized service center to have their bcc replaced at no charge. If your coach is not having issues with the bcc you do not have to have the work completed. If Precision's testing is accurate and the "failure rate" is only 5% the overwhelming majority(95% if I can still do math) will never experience this issue.
However, you are welcome to have yours changed out at no cost to you if you receive the letter informing you that your coach was built with the bcc that is experiencing issues. The process takes a couple of weeks to put together. Units need to be identified, contact lists put together, directions on the fix(this is an easy one) need to be detailed and documented and all of this then needs "signed off" on by several parties. I will update this post over the next couple of weeks as we progress on this.

For those of you that have reached out here on the forum already I apologize for the inconvenience this might have caused you. I'm told that everyone who private messaged me their information has already been contacted by a member of our service and warranty department. Hopefully some are already fixed and the others will be shortly.

Thank you,

Chris
CMcDonough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2020, 09:10 AM   #36

Problem Appears to be Fixed

I want to start this by offering my thanks to Chris and the Georgetown service department for their responsiveness and quick action. Our BCC was replaced two weeks ago and, as we complete our first weekend outing, we have had no issues at all. This was the last remaining issue standing in the way of a planned season-long trip over the winter, and I'm happy to say I think we're about there. This is the way customer service should be.

Chris, I can't thank you enough for your help. Your response to this issue is a credit to the entire Georgetown and Forest River family, and reinforces the decision we made to buy this coach. You folks are awesome!
Old 10-14-2020, 06:52 PM   #37

Mine trips only when driving
Pastor Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2020, 07:05 PM   #38

Mine tripped while driving, while parked, on shore power, on battery power, and on generator power. No rhyme or reason. Apparently the battery control center (BCC) has some reliability issues, and since mine was replaced it's been working fine.

But if it only happens on the road, you may be looking at a defective rocker switch tripping off when you hit bumps in the road. Does the switch feel solid or spongy? Does it turn on or off with just a bump? Should be easy to troubleshoot if that's what's happening.
Old 10-14-2020, 07:44 PM   #39

Thanks. I was thinking that too. Rocker switch seems firm. When yours kicked out, did you just reset the rocker switch?
Pastor Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2020, 07:17 AM   #40

Yes, Dan, along with a couple of words my pastor may not have appreciated. :-)

Losing chassis 12v while driving isn't really a big deal unless you've got food in the fridge, because you'd also lose 110v from the inverter (mine has a residential fridge). Otherwise, I doubt you'd even notice.

Tags
battery, battery disconnect