Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-08-2021, 06:27 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by NXR View Post
The pic is from Lippert's Technical Training doc on the SlimRack system. Their OEM install manual says Lippert must audit each new installation but who knows wat that really means.

Ray
What a joke! The first half of my slide I have a roller every 1-2 Ft. The second half of the slide has NONE all the way until the final last few inches of the slide and they put one to take all the weight. Of course nobody wants to help me out..out of warranty blah blah. This has nothing to do with a warranty. This is flat out factory oversite.
On my small bedroom slide I have 4 rollers! It can’t be more than 5ft wide.
36k7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2021, 08:47 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by 36k7 View Post
Why would forest river have 6 rollers on the front side of the slide and 1 roller for the last 10 ft?
That's easy to answer:
Because it is cheaper and means more money in their bank account.
FirstFiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2021, 10:13 PM   #23

36k7 factory defect

If your slide mechanism is a Schwintek, they had a maximum recommended spacing for the rollers. I have a 2013 Forester with the full wall slide with the Schwintek system. Had many issues with the slide and did a lot of research. There was a video which gave the maximum roller spacing that they recommended for supporting slides. I bet you will not be able to find that video.

I have not been able to find my notes but I seem to remember that the spacing was around 38". I have several rollers that exceeded the maximum spacing but that was the least of my issues.
Good Luck!
Beachfrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2021, 12:35 PM   #24
NXR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beachfrog
If your slide mechanism is a Schwintek, ...
I think Forest River now uses the Power Gear (Lippert) SlimRack on all Georgetown slides starting around 2018. I believe the only exception was the XL until it was replaced by the GT7 in 2020 or thereabouts. The XL had hydraulic slides.

Ray
Old 01-08-2022, 04:17 PM   #25

36d7 slide

My new 36d7 is sitting at the dealership being prepped and I went by and looked at the big slide out to see about the rollers and Forest River must be listening. Both my slides had a roller approximately every 2 feet apart all the way along the slide. No 3 on one side and then 1 6 feet away. Rollers were uniformly placed under both slides. Just wanted to pass that along.
Should be delivered to us by Friday or early next week as it just depends when the certified inspection ( I hired an RV inspector) can get here to do it and then we do the PDI

Jimbo
Jc4ut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2022, 07:21 PM   #26
NXR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jc4ut
My new 36d7 is sitting at the dealership being prepped ...
I sure hope that really happens for you.

Quote:
Should be delivered to us by Friday or early next week as it just depends when the certified inspection ( I hired an RV inspector) can get here to do it and then we do the PDI
Great plan. If possible, please post who you used and what they found.

If possible, be prepared to leave it until the major items are repaired. Your one-year warranty starts when you make the final payment to the dealer. We left ours for a full month. If you're planning on just storing it until Spring, let 'er sit on their dime.

Unless you're headed somewhere warmer, of course. Then take it as-is.

Low 80's near Tampa today while it's up to 33 at home...

Ray
Old 01-08-2022, 07:49 PM   #27

No problem Ray

Just read about water leaking beneath the shower door and emailed inspector to run shower and look for it. These forums are a perfect helper for me right now.
Funny but the dealership is determined to have everything perfect before the certified inspection is done which is absolutely awesome for me. So many dealers don’t inspect anything and will try and fix something only if you find it during the PDi. Having people compete to be perfect on my rv is a dream come true.

Jimbo
Jc4ut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2022, 08:18 PM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jc4ut View Post
Just read about water leaking beneath the shower door and emailed inspector to run shower and look for it. These forums are a perfect helper for me right now.
Funny but the dealership is determined to have everything perfect before the certified inspection is done which is absolutely awesome for me. So many dealers don’t inspect anything and will try and fix something only if you find it during the PDi. Having people compete to be perfect on my rv is a dream come true.

Jimbo
Water leaked from the bottom of the shower door on my Cardinal.
When I pulled the shower door out to fix it, they never caulked the bottom track when it was set.
Just plain lazy on their part.
FirstFiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2022, 10:40 PM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jc4ut View Post
My new 36d7 is sitting at the dealership being prepped and I went by and looked at the big slide out to see about the rollers and Forest River must be listening. Both my slides had a roller approximately every 2 feet apart all the way along the slide. No 3 on one side and then 1 6 feet away. Rollers were uniformly placed under both slides. Just wanted to pass that along.

Jimbo
Thats great. Just still keep an eye on the "tracks" the rollers make. Supposedly there are metal tracks installed under the fiberglass but if FR doesn't line up the rollers with the metal tracks you could start to wear a groove.

I will say to anybody reading this thread, I really appreciate the GM at Forest River, Chris Mcdonough and his staff for reaching out to me to make things right. I don't have any FR warranty left because I'm not the 1st owner but this was clearly not a warranty issue but a obvious manufacture oversite. They assisted in helping me install steel plates on the roller tracks and I shouldn't have any issue going forward. I'm also scheduled to have 2 additional rollers installed where they forgot to install them. Their support makes me feel better about owning their product.

I've attached pics of the slide fix(Dont know why they are sidways, I've tried to rotate them). I first layed down a Polyester Resin "peanut butter" mix. Hardened like a rock to fill in the damage. Sanded that down smooth, then attached the Steel plate over the top. I glued it down with construction adhesive, screwed it to the wood decking(filled with adhesive to block any water intrusion and calked the edges.

Additionally my Precision Plex BCC system is having the random "Battery Dissconnect" issue. They are assisting with that as well and having the updated Battery Guard sent to my local FR Dealer to be repaired.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	36k7SLIDEFIX.jpg
Views:	57
Size:	338.8 KB
ID:	267549   Click image for larger version

Name:	36k7SLIDEFIX1.jpg
Views:	56
Size:	207.8 KB
ID:	267550  
Old 01-12-2022, 10:47 PM   #30

Looks like a good repair. ; but scary thread, I have to check my slide on my 2018 tomorrow.
Max49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2022, 06:11 AM   #31

Seems FR has a huge Quality Control issue. Got a new 2021 5'er. so many defects are workmanship related. Forgotten to do this/that. Stuff like water connections not tighten, Nails/Screws not drilled in correct place. I mean when u hook up plumbing, you always make sure connection is tight.
wildmanabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2022, 09:09 AM   #32

Quote:
What a joke! The first half of my slide I have a roller every 1-2 Ft. The second half of the slide has NONE all the way until the final last few inches of the slide and they put one to take all the weight. Of course nobody wants to help me out..out of warranty blah blah. This has nothing to do with a warranty. This is flat out factory oversite.
On my small bedroom slide I have 4 rollers! It can’t be more than 5ft wide.
My '21 FR3 33DS is similar. Bedroom slide seems to have plenty. Long slide has a large gap of rollers in the middle, right where the theater seats (and weight) are.

I like to think that there's meaning behind their madness...

Quote:
I've attached pics of the slide fix(Dont know why they are sidways, I've tried to rotate them). I first layed down a Polyester Resin "peanut butter" mix. Hardened like a rock to fill in the damage. Sanded that down smooth, then attached the Steel plate over the top. I glued it down with construction adhesive, screwed it to the wood decking(filled with adhesive to block any water intrusion and calked the edges.
How did you get the plate under the roller? The first photo shows a gap. Not sure if the piece of wood is acting as a vertical slide lift?
Old 02-17-2022, 09:09 AM   #33

Quote:
Hello, We recently purchased a 2021 Georgetown 36k7 and upon inspecting the coach a few days ago I notice that when the big main slide is out that one of the rollers is pushing through the bottom of my slide. If you look at the pictures attached it seems like Forest River forgot to install 3-5 rollers that would have taken the load when the slide is out. They did install multiple rollers toward the front of the coach but only 1 roller in the back. Let me know your thoughts. So far I can it get anybody at Forest River to respond to my question. I’m getting the feeling they don’t want to admit their factory screwed this up.
We have 2022 36D7 with a long side on the 100" couch side and on that slide there at least 10 rollers. As others have stated is known issues with all manufactures not just FR I have seen another manufactures all rollers had done that not just one. Its sucks' have to got through this to get is fixed. FR will send you dealer skid plates to install. My dealership put them on my slides here is a pick of the bedroom slide. Good luck keep us updated
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	20211215_112829.jpg
Views:	91
Size:	224.7 KB
ID:	268926  
KRMann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2022, 06:36 PM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRMann View Post
We have 2022 36D7 with a long side on the 100" couch side and on that slide there at least 10 rollers. As others have stated is known issues with all manufactures not just FR I have seen another manufactures all rollers had done that not just one. Its sucks' have to got through this to get is fixed. FR will send you dealer skid plates to install. My dealership put them on my slides here is a pick of the bedroom slide. Good luck keep us updated
What was the installation process like? Did they have to remove the entire slide or did they just jack it up by a small amount?
Old 02-18-2022, 07:55 PM   #35
NXR

When ours were installed, the dealer ran the slide in slightly to move the inside trim away from the wall. Then they jacked the slide end up very slightly at the outside edge and slipped the 1/8" stainless steel plates in place. If they do not move the slide inwards a bit the inside trim might get busted up as the slide is angled.

The plates are supposed to have adhesive between them and the slide and then they get screwed to the slide bottom. Caulking is then applied to the plate edges to keep water from getting underneath.

Ray
Old 02-26-2022, 12:27 AM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by besweeet View Post
My '21 FR3 33DS is similar. Bedroom slide seems to have plenty. Long slide has a large gap of rollers in the middle, right where the theater seats (and weight) are.

I like to think that there's meaning behind their madness...

How did you get the plate under the roller? The first photo shows a gap. Not sure if the piece of wood is acting as a vertical slide lift?
Yep, I put that 4x4 on a car jack and jacked the slide up 1/8" or so. I could then slide the steel plate in between the roller and the slide bottom. I put construction adhesive on the plate and then screwed it in place. I also filled the screw holes with construction adhesive to seal them. For me it was a super easy process to attach the plates.
Old 03-04-2022, 01:10 PM   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by besweeet View Post
What was the installation process like? Did they have to remove the entire slide or did they just jack it up by a small amount?
They did not have to remove the slide. It was easy process just time consuming. They did left the slide maybe 1/16 inch not much to get the skid plate past the roller. They made the skid plates so they were precise in what was needed.
KRMann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2022, 02:07 PM   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homebrew View Post
There are a million questions about why forest river does things.

So your saying you have 7 rollers and
You agreed to accept 7 plates to resolve the issue???

All I’m saying is there looks like more is happening in that area and needs a closer look. If the caulk condition on your seals represent all the caulk on the slide you may have more issues hidden behind the fiberglass.

Just trying to help.
No! This is a poor design on Forest River’s part. There is no rot or anything. Just poor design and execution in thinking fiberglass is going to support 1k plus pounds with no damage.

Better to have a bad day of camping than a good day at work!
Dodge Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2022, 02:19 PM   #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dodge Guy View Post
No! This is a poor design on Forest River’s part. There is no rot or anything. Just poor design and execution in thinking fiberglass is going to support 1k plus pounds with no damage.
This is correct. Bad worksmanship and care taken on the assembly line. I do believe Forest River has added metal plates under the fiberglass because as I was screwing the new plates to the bottom I hit metal more than once. The workers on the line either don’t care or haven’t been instructors on how to line up the rollers correctly to match with the metal plates already installed. Either way, there was multiple screwups but I’m very appreciative that Forest River stepped up to help me resolve the problem.
Old 04-16-2022, 12:51 PM   #40

I'm only posting this here because it's similar to my '21 FR3 33DS.

A dealer did warranty service and added four plates, which cover half of the eight rollers.

While the original hole has been covered, the remaining rollers that don't have a plate now have NO weight resting on them while the slide is open. You can even free spin them.

Not sure if that's a good thing. While I'd like to assume that FR has reasons for not adding plates to everything, it does render half of the rollers useless.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	20220416_123137.jpg
Views:	47
Size:	140.3 KB
ID:	271615  

Tags
2021, factory