Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-24-2021, 08:49 PM   #21

Do you know where the controller is? Should look similar to these. You can access the motors from the outside. Also the controller has a fuse somewhere. You have a motor on each side.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	5778B165-B2B4-4E7A-9540-05DAF7B85AB5.jpg
Views:	104
Size:	321.1 KB
ID:	257767  
parrott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2021, 09:42 AM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by parrott View Post
We did check all manuals and even all videos. I spoke with Lippert even and so far, all are in agreement that it is going to require a technician, and of course parts.
Fingers are crossed that it is repaired today. We are hopeful a technician is coming today.
Thank you so much for all your help though. It is truly appreciated!!!
Old 06-25-2021, 09:45 AM   #23

I hope they get it fixed for you. Get them to show you how to bypass the controller for emergency use and how to manually get the slide in.
Old 06-25-2021, 09:53 AM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by parrott View Post
I hope they get it fixed for you. Get them to show you how to bypass the controller for emergency use and how to manually get the slide in.
Based on what I was told, the only way other than the automotive "switch" method, is to unplug both motors, have multiple people, and move slide 1/8th" at a time.
I am still so thankful this didn't happen at a campground with somone waiting on their site. It could have been worse for sure!
Old 06-25-2021, 11:39 AM   #25

I just looked at your bedroom slide. It is not that big. Would be good to find out how to manually retract it. There are a couple different ways as noted in the manual. Get them to show you how to disconnect the motors. You can also get a socket and manually turn the shaft that turns the gear to retract after pulling the motors up.
All of this info is in the manual I sent.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	335528C9-053F-4063-9BA9-99AAFFEC64C5.jpg
Views:	74
Size:	285.8 KB
ID:	257815   Click image for larger version

Name:	DAD6B707-53AD-4232-B935-8041D1A26243.jpg
Views:	84
Size:	213.2 KB
ID:	257816   Click image for larger version

Name:	2D32F17A-7FFE-4798-8ADF-EFF53062F9CF.jpg
Views:	66
Size:	386.2 KB
ID:	257817   Click image for larger version

Name:	780629EB-7725-4166-882E-A28BFF5B5466.jpg
Views:	57
Size:	311.7 KB
ID:	257818   Click image for larger version

Name:	4326240B-FA9D-4BDB-ADD9-03E6195975FB.jpg
Views:	57
Size:	304.5 KB
ID:	257819  

Old 06-25-2021, 08:09 PM   #26

Well, we did find out that it was definitely the motor that was bad. After the week of frustration and trying every suggestion y’all were so nice to offer and all the various other professionals, our dealership really stepped up and went above our expectations. I must also give kudos to Forest River who also stepped up nicely. Our RV is now fixed and we hope to head out on our maiden voyage later this weekend.
Old 06-28-2021, 09:57 AM   #27
Commercial Member

onlyhonda,

Happy to hear! Enjoy your maiden voyage and have a great time. If you need anything in the future you have my contact info and would be happy to help. Safe travels
Cdefrees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2021, 12:10 PM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cdefrees View Post
onlyhonda,

Happy to hear! Enjoy your maiden voyage and have a great time. If you need anything in the future you have my contact info and would be happy to help. Safe travels
Chad,
You helped us so much! Thank you a million times over for all of your help!!! Definitlely makes us more pleased with our choice. 🙂
Cheryl
onlyhonda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2021, 06:27 PM   #29

Call Forest River help line
John Erzen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2021, 06:49 PM   #30

The best advice I can give you is to make sure the control board has power and no errors. You can call FR support as they are very helpful. Ask for cuts sheets for power and location. Sometimes the power wire shorts and also several motors have had wires pull out due to poor solder. Good luck.
Jedi637 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2021, 11:23 PM   #31

Alternate Override Modes—All Controllers
If none of the previous override methods retract the slide-out room, it may be possible to manually retract
the slide-out room by one of the following alternate methods. Both of these procedures will only be
possible if there is access to the described areas.
1. Manually retract the slide-out room using a ratchet and socket attached to the end of the coupler (Fig. 20) to
move the slide-out room.
A. Remove the motor. Follow steps 1-6 under the Manual Override Mode section.
A
When manually retracting the slide-out room, make sure that both sides of the slide-out room move
together. Damage to the slide-out room may result if movement is not uniform.
Moving parts can pinch, crush or cut. Keep clear and use caution.
B. Place a ratcheting wrench with a 3” extension and 5/8” deep well socket through the motor access
opening and seat the socket onto the coupler (Fig. 20A).
C. Using the ratcheting wrench with socket, and alternating from one side to the other, turn the
wrench to retract the slide-out room.
Note: One person per side of the slide-out room (two total) with ratcheting wrench and socket will
expedite the process. Make sure that both sides of the slide-out room retract together uniformly.
The slide-out room moves approximately ¼” for every 30-40 degree turn of the wrenchhttps://forestriverinc.com/files/Component-Manuals/Slide%20Room/Lippert%20-%20Slide%20Out%20Model%20Slim%20Rack%20Owner's%20M anual.pdf
doanshop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2021, 05:22 PM   #32
Hux

We have a Winnebago with one long slide-out. We got stuck in a camp ground and had tp take the vertical strip off. There was a small vertical motor at the top with a vertical shaft. It may be a Lippert. I'm not sure. There is a motor on each end of the slide-out. Each motor had its own plug at the control panel down in the cellar. If you reverse the plugs you may find out that the motors are fine as I did. The plugs were bad. Out slide-out goes the length of the motor home, but it was amazingly easy to push in. However, removing the strips and pulling the motors was not necessary. It was the plugs. Our slide out has worked more than 12 times in a row now. Our fix was to fill the female portion of the plug with conductive grease and stuff 4 quarter inch pieces of copper wire in the hole to snug the contact.
Hux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2021, 03:37 PM   #33

For future reference: had my rear slide stick out after bringing it home from dealer. Since the slide travel is short I was (just) able to drive it out my gate and (carefully) the 20 plus miles to the dealer. They had failed to recalibrate it after working it. If that happens you might need to reset it in the box in the compartment under the slide.

Fortunately hadn’t put out the big slide because it wouldn’t be drivable with it out. And they had screwed it up too.
Old 08-10-2021, 07:25 PM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by onlyhonda View Post
I'm wondering if anyone has a diagram of how to access the rear bedroom slide motor. Our bedroom slide will not retract and is showing a Fault - Motor. When calling the dealer, they stated it could even be that the motor has come unplugged or a pinched wire. We have only had this new RV a week and haven't even used it yet. With it fully extended, you can't access anything from inside behind the trim. The area on the side of the slide outside doesn't have enough room to reach anything such as a motor. I have googled and searched everywhere to try to find how to check for connections and access to the motor to no avail. Of course, with it fully extended, it isn't possible to drive the 3 hours to the dealer for repair. We are currently being told it is appr $500 just for a mobile tech to come and FR will not reimburse this amount. As we have a trip planned for this upcoming weekend, we REALLY want to get this resolved in time to not have to cancel our trip. Currently, it is unknown if the the mobile tech will be able to come out in time. Any help would be greatly appreciated. We have also tried multiple times and left multiple messages with Forest River to try and obtain this info, but no luck with returned calls.
I posted this in the Tech Talk section, but was thought this might be a more appropriate section to post this.
You might try resetting the inside control panel. We had to do that to ours because it was coming in really slow and kept stopping. It’s worth a try anyway.
Carey5558 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2021 gt736d7, bedroom, bedroom slide, georgetown, slide