Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-29-2022, 06:35 PM   #1

2022 Georgetown GT5 Low Speed Issue

Took the rig out for the first shakedown camping trip. While accelerating on to the interstate the rig slowed down and I got a low power warning and brake on notification. I checked the park brake and it was off. Drove about 10 miles to my exit with no other issues until I got in the campground. When coasting at 5 mph or less the rig would start jerking but stopped when I accelerated. Any ideas on what might be going on? We made it home but the issue continued when driving 5 mph or less. I have Ford towing it to a local dealer to check it out on Monday.
edisit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2022, 07:46 PM   #2

I believe the "Brake on" notification refers to the service brake (pedal being depressed) rather than the parking brake. When this occurs the ECM disables (maybe not completly) the throttle. By chance did you possibly have a mat or similar touching the brake pedal. It happened to me once when I had foot unintentionally touching the brake pedal while depressing the accelerator. This is a new feature implemented on the 2020 F53 V8 chassis.

2021 Newmar Baystar 3401
2019 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk toad
2017.5 Forester 3051S Traded 7/2020
Steve-W is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2022, 07:56 PM   #3

No we do not have any mats just the flooring that comes with the rig. Maybe I accidentally touch the brake while hitting the accelerator. That only happened once then everything was fine until I slowed down in the campground then the rig started jerking until I pushed the accelerator again.
Old 08-30-2022, 05:30 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by edisit View Post
Took the rig out for the first shakedown camping trip. While accelerating on to the interstate the rig slowed down and I got a low power warning and brake on notification. I checked the park brake and it was off. Drove about 10 miles to my exit with no other issues until I got in the campground. When coasting at 5 mph or less the rig would start jerking but stopped when I accelerated. Any ideas on what might be going on? We made it home but the issue continued when driving 5 mph or less. I have Ford towing it to a local dealer to check it out on Monday.
What caused the jerking?
Foggybottom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2022, 08:22 PM   #5

The emergency brake on the rear axle was fried from the factory. Forest River ended up paying to have it fixed even though it is a Ford part.
Old 08-31-2022, 03:49 PM   #6
NXR

Quote:
Originally Posted by edisit
The emergency brake on the rear axle was fried from the factory. Forest River ended up paying to have it fixed even though it is a Ford part.
Probably this Ford service bulletin: https://static.nhtsa.gov/odi/tsbs/20...02647-0001.pdf

October 21, 2021 MANUFACTURER COMMUNICATION NUMBER: SSM 50218
Components: PARKING BRAKE, SERVICE BRAKES

NHTSA ID Number: 10202647

Manufacturer Communication Number: SSM 50218

Summary

Some 2021-2022 F-650/750, 2020-2022 Motorhome/Commercial Stripped Chassis vehicles built on or before 20-Sep-2021 with very low miles may experience parking brake drag. This condition typically occurs in less than 3000 miles (4800 kilometers). This condition may be identified even with the hand or pedal actuator mechanism disengaged. Inspect the park brake system for damage and replace parts as required per Workshop Manual (WSM) Section 206-05. If no damage if found, adjust the park brake cables and the park brake shoe adjuster per WSM, Section 206-05. For claiming, use the applicable labor operations of the Service Labor Time Standards (SLTS)

Ray
Old 11-15-2022, 11:11 AM   #7

EBrake issue

Say is this an intermittent problem? I thought I felt a drag but no indication on the dash, and I haven’t felt it since, at high or low speeds. I have the ‘21 chassis with a 12/21 build date.
Kennest6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2022, 01:18 PM   #8
21Gt7

There is a ford recall for the parking brake cables adjustment or replacement. You should check the f53 ford recall list.
turnski10 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
georgetown, tow