Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-18-2023, 10:19 PM   #1

2022 Georgetown GT7 issues

On our first trip with our Georgetown this week, drove from Virginia to Orlando and we got to the camp site, got all hooked up and the problems began.
The cabinet above the sink ceiling fell down.
The shower drain was leaking and flooded the under flooring.
Toilet valve stopped working.
The LG fridge has an 1FE error, will not go away even after resetting.
Rear AC not cooling on generator.
Windshield cracked.
On a unit with under 2000 miles.

Is this what I am going to have to expect on each trip?
2k05GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2023, 01:37 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2k05GT View Post
Is this what I am going to have to expect on each trip?
I certainly hope not.
Is your unit still under warranty?
Old 06-19-2023, 07:22 AM   #3

Any "new" RV needs a short trip to find out what is wrong. No way to know what is needed until you live in it and drive it for a while.

Your luck is worse than most. I have put several screws into cabinetry and fixtures on my new 2023 GT7 already. No excuse for build quality that allows a cabinet to fall off however.
Shower is all on manufacturer. Toilet may be a simply part failure rather than installation problem. Rear AC not running on generator could be a breaker tripped....or a wiring problem from the factory ( assuming it never worked on the generator?). Does rear AC work on shore power?
Windshields can crack due to impacts....and can crack due to improper fitment and installation.
Fridge is likely an LG warranty issue. Which is a big problem as removal and replacement is time consuming.
Old 06-19-2023, 08:14 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reverse_snowbird View Post
I certainly hope not.
Is your unit still under warranty?
Yes we purchased it in August 2022
It sat at camping world for 6 months to address other warranty issues, that unfortunately we're not resolved due to parts not available and they claim Forest River warranty approval delays.
Old 06-19-2023, 08:19 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by realshelby View Post
Any "new" RV needs a short trip to find out what is wrong. No way to know what is needed until you live in it and drive it for a while.

Your luck is worse than most. I have put several screws into cabinetry and fixtures on my new 2023 GT7 already. No excuse for build quality that allows a cabinet to fall off however.
Shower is all on manufacturer. Toilet may be a simply part failure rather than installation problem. Rear AC not running on generator could be a breaker tripped....or a wiring problem from the factory ( assuming it never worked on the generator?). Does rear AC work on shore power?
Windshields can crack due to impacts....and can crack due to improper fitment and installation.
Fridge is likely an LG warranty issue. Which is a big problem as removal and replacement is time consuming.
In December we took the RV for a local short trip to get use to the RV and iron out any issues.

Both AC units work on shore power, the heat does not work at all, that's already on our Camping World warranty list, along with the captain chairs swivel handles are broken, bump under the laminate floor, SOME USB outlets don't work.
Old 06-19-2023, 08:49 AM   #6

This is what the gasket looked like when I removed the shower trap

Old 06-19-2023, 06:42 PM   #7

Whenever...

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2k05GT View Post
Yes we purchased it in August 2022
It sat at camping world for 6 months to address other warranty issues, that unfortunately we're not resolved due to parts not available and they claim Forest River warranty approval delays.
Some dealers have bad business practices. Whenever a dealer tells you things are held up due to Forest River warranty approval delays, call Forest River and confirm for yourself. Sometimes dealers have been caught making this assertion when, in fact, a warranty claim was never opened. Some useful numbers below.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Georgetown.png
Views:	143
Size:	95.2 KB
ID:	288852  
"Always bypass the water heater before opening the low-point drains."
Sticks and Bricks: Raleigh, NC
2008 Cherokee 38P: at Ivor, VA permanently
Larry-NC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2023, 07:58 AM   #8
Commercial Member

Larry-NC...the contact list that you posted is outdated.

Please refer to the attached map for your Georgetown/FR3 customer service needs. Call 574-206-7600 which is the receptionist and from there you can enter in the extension code for the state you reside in.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	WARRANTY MAP.JPG
Views:	105
Size:	93.3 KB
ID:	288931  
bmcknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2023, 07:15 AM   #9

Sorry to hear about all your issues. We have a 2022 GT7. We bought it last fall. Do to life we were not able to use it until May this year. We drove from Northern VA to Atlanta, only issue we had is generator stopped working a few hours into trip. When we got back home a week later I checked the code which is code 36. I will try and fix the fuel issue myself because donít want to tie rv up for weeks or months at dealer. If Not a simple fix then I will get it fixed under warranty. Hope you get all your problems solved quickly
loyda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2023, 09:06 AM   #10
NXR

Quote:
Originally Posted by loyda
... only issue we had is generator stopped working a few hours into trip. When we got back home a week later I checked the code which is code 36. I will try and fix the fuel issue myself because donít want to tie rv up for weeks or months at dealer.
So you got the optional Onan 7000 generator then? A Code 36 simply means "I shut down unexpectedly but not because of any condition the control board monitors" and yes, it often is fuel-related.

The Onan series that FR installs still use a carburetor. If you left the motorhome parked for several months without running the engine and generator roughly once a month you may have varnished up the carburetor.

Many people have taken a 1-gallon can of gas, added the correct amount of a cleaner such as Sea Foam and filled the can with new fuel. Then they disconnect the gas tank fuel line from the generator fuel pump at the bottom of the generator and run a short piece of flexible fuel line from the pump and let it suck gas with cleaner out of the gas can for an hour or so.

Good luck,

Ray
Old 07-03-2023, 11:12 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by loyda View Post
Sorry to hear about all your issues. We have a 2022 GT7. We bought it last fall. Do to life we were not able to use it until May this year. We drove from Northern VA to Atlanta, only issue we had is generator stopped working a few hours into trip. When we got back home a week later I checked the code which is code 36. I will try and fix the fuel issue myself because donít want to tie rv up for weeks or months at dealer. If Not a simple fix then I will get it fixed under warranty. Hope you get all your problems solved quickly
I met a guy at the camp ground that had the same issue, his fix was to install an electric fuel pump inline. 30.00 fix from autozone. He said that when hot he got a form of vapor lock in the fuel line.
Old 07-03-2023, 11:20 PM   #12

On our drive back to Virginia we had some nuts vibrate out one the dinette table and it slid into the cabinet and damaged the door, the nuts holding the headlights in fell off and I almost lost the headlights while driving. I bought new nuts and red thread lock to make sure it does not happen again.

We have another trip in 2 weeks to Illinois and Nebraska, sure hope this thing does not fall apart on the road. Shame, 3200 miles and its a 200k POS.
Old 07-04-2023, 12:21 AM   #13

Wow... I'm speechless......
Old 07-04-2023, 06:39 AM   #14

I am lucky I can fix stuff on the RV myself. My 2023 36D7 is about to let the hot water heater fall out. Sticks out about 2" in the rear. You can push it back in by hand. That happened last trip. I can fix it when I get it back here to get ready for next trip. There is more that I have to explore under the coach that could be a real problem....
Old 07-04-2023, 07:21 AM   #15

Quote:
I am lucky I can fix stuff on the RV myself. My 2023 36D7 is about to let the hot water heater fall out. Sticks out about 2" in the rear. You can push it back in by hand. That happened last trip. I can fix it when I get it back here to get ready for next trip. There is more that I have to explore under the coach that could be a real problem....
Wow, I just noticed that mi e is doing the same thing., I will have to take a look at that next week.
Old 07-04-2023, 11:32 AM   #16
NXR

Quote:
Originally Posted by realshelby
Contact FR. They are aware of that problem and should have a fix developed by now. Include your VIN and a pic in the email.

Georgetown Owner Relations
(574) 206-7600
motorizedservice@forestriverinc.com

Ray
Old 07-09-2023, 10:43 PM   #17

Quote:
mine is not that bad.
Old 07-11-2023, 04:16 AM   #18

2022 Georgetown GT7 issues

I was wondering if I was alone in my problems. Took mine out of service at, you guessed it, Camping World to install my towing package. Got home, parked it in the driveway and the next morning when I went out I found the valance and the shades laying on my dining table where it had fallen from the ceiling. I installed my tow package and returned it to Camping Worldís BLACK HOLE where Service is supposed to be after it sat for three weeks untouched, and the very first thing the Service Person told me when she saw me was that my parts still were not in.
Bayou Jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2023, 06:57 AM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by NXR View Post
Contact FR. They are aware of that problem and should have a fix developed by now. Include your VIN and a pic in the email.

Georgetown Owner Relations
(574) 206-7600
motorizedservice@forestriverinc.com

Ray
Ray, they have not gotten back to me. E-mailed them soon after you posted this.
Not even a reply to tell me they are looking into it says a lot...
Old 07-11-2023, 08:18 AM   #20

When this happens...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bayou Jack View Post
I was wondering if I was alone in my problems. Took mine out of service at, you guessed it, Camping World to install my towing package. Got home, parked it in the driveway and the next morning when I went out I found the valance and the shades laying on my dining table where it had fallen from the ceiling. I installed my tow package and returned it to Camping Worldís BLACK HOLE where Service is supposed to be after it sat for three weeks untouched, and the very first thing the Service Person told me when she saw me was that my parts still were not in.
When this happens, the first thing you do is call Forest River and see if the parts were ever actually ordered.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Screenshot 2023-07-11 091528.png
Views:	65
Size:	63.6 KB
ID:	290067  
"Always bypass the water heater before opening the low-point drains."
Sticks and Bricks: Raleigh, NC
2008 Cherokee 38P: at Ivor, VA permanently
Larry-NC is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
georgetown, tow